White Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White Lightning

Seeing her fly again would be great but knowing how much the family wants to keep it, at least some of the family, it would be very sad to see it leave the Gardner family. I had a lot of long talks with Ladd a year or so ago about it and he just has a real passion for the airplane. Having just about grown up in it, flying behind his dad, and then getting to get in the "left seat" so to speak when Lefty passed him the torch (umm... literally as it turned out) really meant a lot to him.

I have not spoken to Ladd in a while, I know they had hoped to either find a major sponsor or do something like what Rare Bear was able to do with fan sponsorship. Their road was a LOT steeper than the Bear's due to the condition of the airplane and the fact that it not only needed repairs from the accident, it needed, pretty much an entire overhaul down deep.

I'm sure it'd be a real blow to Ladd and Lefty both to have to give up and let go of the airplane.

Maybe time to dust off my phone list and find out where we're at now, like I said, it's been a while.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: White Lightning

i know thsi is a little off subject but, does anyone know whats goin on with strega...

Comment

Working...
      X