Georgia Mae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Mae

Does anyone have any photos of the Georgia Mae. It was owned by Wiley Sanders back in the 80's.

Re: Georgia Mae

Hi,

What was her race number?

TTFN....Kenn
    May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

it was number 69 flown by John Putnam .

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
        it was number 69 flown by John Putnam .
        Hi Shawn, good to see you here. I'd like to encourage you to register so your posts will appear instantly. Currently, you are shown as an unregistered guest, or not logged in, which will cause your messages to go into a review bin prior to being sent to the board for all to see. We do this, because it absolutely stopped nusance messages and the type of messages that seem to always start arguments.

We all know who you are and you are welcomed with open arms, whether or not you decide to register but your messages will appear faster if you do reg and you can upload pictures as well as use the private message system as well also.

Please let me know if you need any help, should you decide to sign up!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

well thank you wayne for welcome me i not to sure how to regester umm i try it once and i got a little confuse with it .

shawn

Comment

Originally posted by shawn Aro
            well thank you wayne for welcome me i not to sure how to regester umm i try it once and i got a little confuse with it .

shawn
            Well welcome again Shawn, I see by the notice the board just sent me that you are our newest member!

Very cool, I know you used to be over at Mark K.'s pylon1.com a lot and you should feel at home here also! Good to see you made it!

If you ever need any help uploading images or using any of the features of the board, don't hesitate to ask! There are a lot of users who would benefit from the answers. I will try to get a lot better set of help files made up that answer some of the often asked questions, that should help a lot.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi,

I found these in a collection that I am indexing.

TTFN....Kenn
              Attached Files
              May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Thanks Kenn, those are great.

Comment

Reviving an old thread here (thanks Google) but can anyone tell me the whereabouts of Georgia Mae now?
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership
                    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Just looking through the race database at the RARA site. Georgia Mae sure put up some nice speeds (430+) back in the day. Anyone know to what extent it was modified, race engine, etc.? It sure was a racy looking Mustang. We could use a few more of those in this day and age of the "attack of the Sea Furys"

Comment

Thread revival... Only because it is the next chapter in the planes racing history.

It appears that Georgia Mae has been purchased by another of the top Sport class racers... That makes 3 sport class racers bumping into the unlimiteds. Jeff LeVelle, whoever bought Shockwave, and now Georgia Mae. There is a 4th top racer who is rumored to be making the move, but I don't know who. Just that one of the top guys has a project of some kind.

Will

Comment

Working...
                        X