Countrymen Overseas: Direct Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countrymen Overseas: Direct Connection

Hey guys, one of our board members, Eric, is now "over there" somewhere.. if any of you want to make the holiday special for him and his unit, feel free to PM me to get his mailing address. We all know how much a little bit of "home" means to those guys so....

I'm not going to publish it here but for sure, will freely give it to any registered member who wants to send something, even if it's just a card, gotta think the boys and girls fighting for us will appreciate it greatly..

Wayne
    PS.... I don't think we can send them Beer... smuch as we'd like to!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Countrymen Overseas: Direct Connection

Thank you very much Wayne this means quite a bit to us. Even though I am not in a "hot" area we still gotta be quite vigilant in our everyday functions. I will be able to explain more when I get back so I don't divulge anything that would indanger fellow servicemen. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and say a lil prayer for the families who have lost loved ones and to those still serving not only in Southwest Asia but all over the World.

Comment

Truly a great idea.

I know that whenever we were deployed for any length of time, getting letters and cards from home, any home, was a big moral booster. I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting some really great people from all over the world. And I hear that there are still places where an american GI is more than welcome. When overseas, especially during the hollidays, many of us were invited to Thanksgiving dinner, and we were often invited into strangers homes for Christmass. Not total strangers, but people that we may have known for only a week or two. I found this mainly in the UK and all over Europe. Even now, there are those that have not forgotten the sacrifices that american soldies made for them.

On a side note, I know that there is a service where we can send cards and letters, and I think even email, to our troops, I'll have to do some checking though. And let us not just remember them during this time of year, but throughout the year.

Peace,
      Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
        Thank you very much Wayne this means quite a bit to us. Even though I am not in a "hot" area we still gotta be quite vigilant in our everyday functions. I will be able to explain more when I get back so I don't divulge anything that would indanger fellow servicemen. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and say a lil prayer for the families who have lost loved ones and to those still serving not only in Southwest Asia but all over the World.
        Stay well cousin!! We'll be missing you this year at the Thanksgiving table. Hope to talk with you though!!

Just remember only 295 days 13 hrs 5 min left until Reno '05......as of this post at least...lol

Can't wait to hear from you again!

Nick

Comment

Hi Eric,

I know Thanksgiving won't be as good as it is back home. but be sure that you and your crew will definitely be in our thoughts. Take care and I hope that you can make tomorrow the best in your own way. Thank you. MIke G.

Comment

Working...
          X