Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Air Classics

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
    Pretty sure it's still in Mr Soplata's yard. He's still alive and kicking, and not planning on giving up his fleet of wrecks until after he dies. When that happens there's going to be a free-for-all over all the restorable airframes he has. It's probably one of the last places like this the warbird community will see!
    Hi,

The only Corsair that Mr. Soplata has sold has been the F2G #74 to the Western Reserve Historical Society. It currently resides with Bob Odegaard waiting funds to be put back together. The museum also aquired a stock F2G vertical tail with the sub-rudder from him.

I understand that he will not part with the stock Corsair or the remains of Lucky Gallon. I was surprised when he sold the twin Mustang.

At a meeting that I was at I heard that he has already made arrangements as to how his collection will be sold off after his death.

TTFN....Kenn

May all your bentwings be F2G Corsairs!
    May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

F2G what a concept?
      I was disappointed when Bob didn't show at Indy in 2002. But he wasn't alone.
      I'm glad to see Wayner is doing better.
      Nice people here, wish I had more time.
      God Bless each and everyone of you.
      Salute

Comment

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g
        At a meeting that I was at I heard that he has already made arrangements as to how his collection will be sold off after his death.
        Mr Soplata's comment to me when I asked him was "everything will be for sale in Trade-a-Plane" after he dies, with the benefits of the sales going to his kids.

Comment

Hey Wayne, hate to sound like a beggar but now that it is December I am sure that all of the November Air Classics are off of the shelf. Do you know of anyone that gets duplicate copies. I have no problem paying for the magazine and shipping. Don't care about other issues so much just care since Sept. Fury is in it.

Thanks, Will

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
            Hey Wayne, hate to sound like a beggar but now that it is December I am sure that all of the November Air Classics are off of the shelf. Do you know of anyone that gets duplicate copies. I have no problem paying for the magazine and shipping. Don't care about other issues so much just care since Sept. Fury is in it.

Thanks, Will
            Will, I do not... I only get one.. I'm not sure I'm really all that stoked on keeping it though. I read it cover to cover pretty quickly, if nobody else comes through, I might be persuaded to part with it.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I was afraid I would miss this issue since I live in the wilds of Alaska and won't get into town until the issue disappears but my wife found a copy on Monday in Borders Books in Redding, Ca...so there are probably copies at other Borders, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                I was afraid I would miss this issue since I live in the wilds of Alaska and won't get into town until the issue disappears but my wife found a copy on Monday in Borders Books in Redding, Ca...so there are probably copies at other Borders, as well.
                They should still be on the stands, *if* you can find them. I just got my next issue via mail and that's usually a few days (at least) ahead of the newsstand debut...

Anyway, lemme know Will, if you can't get it any other way, I'd at least "loan" you my copy so you's can read it...

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So much for finding Air Classics here in Kuwait also I tried finding one in the Airports I visited on the way over here with no luck. Good luck to all trying to hunt one down. Santa is my only hope

Comment

Thanks Wayne, I am going to check with Barnes and Noble. If not there than I guess I am S&*^ out of luck......

Comment

Working...
                    X