POTW Submission - Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTW Submission - Apology

This is not on topic for this section but I can tell by the numbers in the other one's that this one is the one to put stuff in to be sure that it's read...

Anyway, to those who submitted photos for the "mass potw" feature that I'd planned prior to Nellis, my sincere apology... I did not run out of time to get the project done, I simply ran out of steam.. Some days, I can only manage the basic check mail and answer a few posts duties.. then the rest of the day, I just get really, I mean REALLY sleepy and figure it's best to answer my body's requests at this time..

That said, I want to keep the POTW submission thing going.. I have to figure a better way to categorize the images sent in, along with the permission to use that is contained in the email that they are submitted.. not that you can't trust me, or I can't trust you, I just have to be totally sure we know what we're agreeing on doing before we do it... A recent POTW submission that was published, and put on the "for sale" list would be an example. A print was ordered but the submitter has not responded to me for weeks regarding whether or not a print has been sent and... the money was accepted by credit card... This sort of thing will have to be totally ironed out before I can move forward with POTW submissions from outside sources..

I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops or point fingers but, it's the reality of the situation. *IF* something is ordered and I can't fulfill that order within a reasonable time, I can lose my "merchant account" and not be able to accept credit card transactions because of it. Not something I'd want to happen.

When a print is ordered and the fullfillment of that order has to be done by the third party (the submitter) a number of things have to be in place first.. firstly, fullfilling the order would be priority, then payment to the submitter and amount to be paid would have to be previously agreed upon... (i.e. total amount, minus credit card processing fees and any commission, should that be agreed upon, to the selling agent.. the website)

So... once I dig myself out of my current mess and get to where I can manage to keep the CC processer from dumping me, I'll get back to the POTW submission thing..

Thanks in advance for understanding!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: POTW Submission - Apology

Do not sweat it Wayne. I am sure we all understand the process could take some time. How was the response to your request for images? And are you satisfied with the types of images being sent?

Dave

Comment

Do not sweat it Wayne. I am sure we all understand the process could take some time.
      Agreed.

I have to figure a better way to categorize the images sent in, along with the permission to use that is contained in the email that they are submitted.. not that you can't trust me, or I can't trust you, I just have to be totally sure we know what we're agreeing on doing before we do it...
      One thing that you may want to consider as a CYA measure is to set up an agreement with those that would submit photos for POTW that either holds them accountable for getting the picture out or gives you the right to print the picture. It would be a shame if you lost your merchant account because of someone else.

just my .02

Rick

Comment

Well thanks guys! I think we got the first hurdle jumped (the print in question sent) and in order to keep it from ever being a concern, I'd probably want to do a "I print da picture" agreement for any that were offered for sale in the future. That way, I can control not only when they ship but quality as well... of course, having the POTW's up for print sales is NOT a pre-req for submissions and that's an easy way round it..

It is a way for both the phtog and the publication to make a buck though... and yea, I'd wanna work out a "gallery commssion" schedule, in advance to cover the finance charges, print costs and the CDB (cost of doing business) to keep it all professional afterall.. NOT to mention, if the photo is shot at Reno, and this publication is an "agent" of that sale, then I think it could be argued by RARA that the photo is subject to their percentage, which all of us who sign the press pass agreement are bound by.

It really is blind luck when a print does sell though, which almost makes all of this discussion moot but... hopefully, we can change that and get some neat prints on people's walls and buy us all a beer or a cup of joe from time to time.

Anyway... I'm gonna put up a new POTW as soon as I can get the energy for a long enough session to do it... Wuz up last night working on one and just darn near fell asleep at the keyboard so I gave up for the evening.. Will get back to it later today and I still have you guy's shots for candidates... I want to sort of feature Nellis for a while, since that's the last hurraha for the year/season... and the only place I shot since PRS to boot!

I always like to feature my own work, of course.. cept you guys keep shooting better than I do... which creates a dilemma

I can't break all your arms but better watch out!!

You guys are the greatest and I mean that.. not only for what you do for this site and the community that has grown here but for putting up with me and my sometimes boring "leaglistic" ways... I've got tape on me fingers though from burning hot dealings in the past and just know it's better to lay out details prior to walking across any bridges..

Time for my meds.... and a can of lovely tasteless liquid food via my oil line.. it's funny, that stuff has actually gotten to where there is satisfaction when I pour it... Hard to describe.. it's not taste, or smell, but rather... cool, fullness..... hungry stomach disappearing pleasure...

I actually look forward to it... and, bad bad bad, have developed a bit of an aversion to even trying to eat by mouth.. I got tired of choking and getting sick to my stomach.. nasty pavlovian response I now have to overcome B4 I can get back to normal... what's a guy to do???

Wayner
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X