Aviation Nation '04 - Captain Eddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Nation '04 - Captain Eddie

If you ever get to meet "Captain Eddie" you just have to fall in love with the guy (the other kind of love!!!!!)

He's one of the "colorful" types that one always remembers. Captain Eddie Kurdziel found and restored his copy of the extremely rare Fairy Firefly and does not keep it hidden from public view! You will see this airplane at most every major airshow and if you get a chance, walk up and introduce yourself and tell him you saw him on the cover of "Hondo" and then remember the look on his face.

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Aviation Nation '04 - Captain Eddie

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Captain Eddie Kurdziel found and restored his copy of the extremely rare Fairy Firefly... Wayne
    Or is it the even rarer Fairey Firfly?

Don't think I'm bustin' your chops, Wayne, the photos are great and the Firefly has always been one of my favorite 'second tier' WWII planes. I wonder if they named it before or after they designed the aft cockpit greenhouse?
    SteveZ

Comment

Re: Aviation Nation '04 - Captain Eddie

That IS a beautiful bird! There's a Firefly project for sale over at Courtesy Aircraft sales for less than $100K. It's pretty complete, but in some guys back yard! http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/ Go to warbird projects, and look for the link to the Fairy Firefly. Or do as I do, and daydream as you look at all the other warbirds for sale!

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
      X