Nellis from a slightly smaller viewpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis from a slightly smaller viewpoint

Some of you know that my son Jeff goes to a lot of airshows with me.
    He has shown a great intrest in photography and untill now he has been taking photos with a little digital camera. Well my old Canon EOS wasn't being used so I put it into his hands along with a 300mm lens.
    He is all of eight years old now and is a very big fan of aviation.
    My cheepie flatbed scanner doesn't quite do his photos justice but
    I will be posting a few more of his pics soon.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Nellis from a slightly smaller viewpoint

NICE !!!! vic tell your son i said that
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

Holy Carp Vic,

this kid's got it! He's nailing it pretty darn well. I think we all have a name to remember. If you can, process some of the best he did there at Nellis on the best scanner you can beg borrow or steal and get them to me... if you don't mind, I'll do a section in the photo gallery section at nellisairshow.com with his images featured. First year out, several photographers were featured, including your's truly. Last year, nobody sent me anything formally so we did not get a gallery set done for AN'03, but this year, I totally plan on doing one, if it's only my shots and Jeffrey's in there!

*IF* I can maintain "story producing level energy" I'd also like to do a short story on him for aafo. ANY WAY we can get young people interested in airplanes instead of paint cans, drugs and other things that they probably can't handle is a GOOD thing!

My "company's" name is Airport Fence Productions... I think most of us know that this stands for "the kid at the airport fence" which is an old standby saying for where the future of aviation comes from. i.e. how kids get interested and begin a career in aviation or, at least, become savvy about it, understand the wonderful freedom it is and become educated voters and spokespersons for the cause.

The way they "sanitize" the method we use to get on airliners (bring back stairs! Ban jetways!!! I want to see the airplane I'm boarding) I don't think that kids really get the feel for flying that we did when we were young.. unless, of course, dad takes them with to airshows!

Good work Vic! Pat that kid on the back for the rest of us! Wish I could have met him at the show!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Holy Carp Vic,this kid's got it! Wayne
        Amen to that, brother. I love the shot of Jeffrey standing there in shooting position; you've taught him well, Victor.

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        The way they "sanitize" the method we use to get on airliners (bring back stairs! Ban jetways!!! I want to see the airplane I'm boarding) I don't think that kids really get the feel for flying that we did when we were young.. unless, of course, dad takes them with to airshows!
        Another amen. Last month they didn't have a gate for the 777 I was riding in, so they rolled out the stairs and paraded us across the tarmac. Climbing down from the beast and walking past one of those huge fans gives a whole new perspective on just how large a 777 really is.
        SteveZ

Comment

Vic,

Your son has some tremendous talent already. A wonderful eye for photography and the subject of aviation. You have schooled him well and have to be extremely proud.
          Wayne, are you soliciting images for AN04 gallery or has that been taken care of? I had to leave Sunday morning to get back to northern California for Monday. Wish you would have been on the trailer Saturday. Continue to make progress on your recovery and perhaps we will catch one another at a future event. I will post some more images from Nellis later.

Dave

Comment

Vic,

You are no doubt a very proud papa! The kids' got a good eye! Awesome pix, guys!

Gary

Comment

Bravo! Encore, encore!
              Proof, yet again, that the acorn does not fall far from the tree.

Comment

Victor,

Awesome to see some of Jefferey's shots. He is a really cool kid and I enjoyed hanging out with him. My dad has a few shots that he wants to get to you and your son. Keep an eye out.

Bill
                Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Bill, got the pics from your Dad, awesome! the're very cool

My boy has shots that I missed and out of ten rolls of film I think I only pitched about twelve prints total. That's better that me, hmmmm

Here are a few more from Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
                    Another amen. Last month they didn't have a gate for the 777 I was riding in, so they rolled out the stairs and paraded us across the tarmac. Climbing down from the beast and walking past one of those huge fans gives a whole new perspective on just how large a 777 really is.
                    Steve, the last time I got on an airliner that did not use the jetway was waaaaay back when DB cooper days.

He had just done his deed and though I'd seen on the news that the airlines had been ordered by ... whomever... to not use the tail ramp. Well, at Reno coming home from visiting my dad, sure enough, they used it.. (this was before Reno even had jetways, by the way) it was REALLY cool walking up the ramp with all three turning, or at least the top one.. can't really remember but I know we few getting on there were just a quick stop for, I think it was United... There was a big burly federal air marshal at the top of the stairs however.. plain clothes but obvious what he was.

I can still smell the burning aerokero and feel the heat from the just landed two seven.

Somewhat late in life at the ripe age of about 20 or so at that time, but I think that was actually when I got hooked on the idea of flying. Wish I'd have done something about it!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments.
                      It's really something to see how proud he is of the photos he took.
                      Jeff kept telling me about the Sean D. Tucker photo he took now I've got the prints back I can see why he was so excited about the shot.
                      Here's a couple more from the boy.

Comment

Vic,
                        Those are some great shots! The boy does have an eye!

Hey, Isn't that Thunder Mustang just about the right size for him?!

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                        X