Aviation Nation Huge Success - More Photos From Las Vegas Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aviation Nation Huge Success - More Photos From Las Vegas Air Show

I hear that - it had to be really tuff to do alot of the things most of us take for granted... but you looked the demon in the face and did what you had to do to get there (and back). Heck, taking the pics was just icing on the cake - the main thing was you NOT letting you condition get to you to the point of throwing in the towel (although I know you had to think of doing just that a few times). And to that - I say...
    Outstanding Job!

Now rest up for a day or three (you certainly deserve it) - I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to the post show stuff.
    Mark K....

Comment

Ahh... rest... I'll be on my ass mostly for the next few days, I guarantee that!!

Right now, after a nearly four hour stint waiting for my images to download from the digital wallet (something over 10 megs and only moved via USB 1, very slow) I now have to find an image for consideration by WoW for Aviation Week & Space Technology for publication... since I don't have the "field" to meself down there.. I gotta make sure I got a goodie "consumate" type shot for them.. Tough competition so.. if I get lucky!!

Really good to hear from ya Mark... I'll try to call you this week and talk bout some stuff!

Wish you could have been there!

Wayne
      PS.. giving up WOULD be an option if I had to endure this damn lack of spit condition forever and live in a desert! I think I mentioned earlier that my brother in law bailed on it all with same problem a few years back..

His treatment would have been worse since the technology was young at that time..

whups.. gotta go watch my buds on Wingnuts!!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I gotta tell you......In between enjoying some of the best aviation photographers work in the world and being able to read the words of pilots and mechs that we live vicariously through, this forum is AWESOME.

My immense thanks goes out to all contributors and to Wayner for bringing this all together. Glad you could make the trip, Wayne. Still praying for your continued recovery.

Gary

Comment

Tyson, your air-to-air stuff is just unreal.

Jealous, big time jealous.

Comment

Tyson, you are having way too much fun, and it shows in your work. That trailing echelon shot with what's-his-name in the Oracle bipe, the AF Reserve bipe, and the Red Baron gaggle is simply the best air-to-air shot I've seen in a long time. If somebody publishes that shot as a poster I want one; better yet, how do I get a large print?

Hey, is that John Bowman flying from the back seat in your last shot? That walrus moustache looks familiar. John used to work for me as a glider instructor and tow pilot, way back in the early 80's, before he got the Red Baron gig. Used to be that one of the other Red Barons was a tow pilot with my operation, too: tall Hawaiian dude by the name of Keoki.
            SteveZ

Comment

Tyson, Great to see yours and others' photos. Believe it or not I actually had time to take some while running around!!! Have shots of B-52. We had our own "private" tour on Monday. By the way,as we were out on the flight line we had a little air show...saw Glacier Girl take off, saw the Raptor fly again...etc. This was a momemtous air show that impacted many lives. As I was involved interviweing the veterans--it was very moving. Plus the backdrop was great ( we were using the T-Bird VIP room).
              Anyway,
              all of us at WoW agree that this was a huge success and gearing up for next year. great to meet some of you finally.....Randy, see Tyson again, etc. I'm in a "let down" mode now, but if I can figure how to post these pics I have I will send them along.
              Wayne, Love you! Glad to see you. You are the Man!!!

Comment

Wayne,

Well, I think I've done this right. I've attached a few of my pix from the weekend. I'll leave the stuff-in-the-air to you long lens guys. I'll stick with moving pictures for my sky stuff.

I've included a shot of Glacier Girl from Wednesday night when we were still setting up in the Thunderbird Hangar. Lt. Col. Mike Chandler in Thunderbird 1 from Sunday's show. Then I got shots of Dago Red, and Ridge Runner when I was out on the runway with the ribbon cutting folks for Sean D. Tucker. Finally a shot of Voodoo just before Bob Button taxied out to the runway to leave on Monday.

I know you don't like video captures, but I have a shot of Sean D. Tucker as he came by to cut the last ribbon. I can't post that if you like.

What a great weekend. I'm already counting down the days until Avitaion Nation 2005!

Jeff Lee
                World of Wings
                Attached Files

Comment

Jeff.. I'm assuming these are not out of the video camera?

Good stuff, really rich color, I especially like the GG shot..!!

Post the other thing you mentioned (Tucker) lets see it....

I'll have to change the settings on the board to accept large files as well as the proper extensions for movies.. I spent an evening with Cobra (Mark Kallio) helping him figure out which SQL & PHP settings needed to be changed in order to make it work and damend if I can remember one detail of what we did...

I'm going to look forward to each day as it comes! AN 2005 will sneak up on us as it always does but we've got PRS and RNO in between!! SnF and Oshkosh too, if I feel up to it and can afford the trips!

Wayner
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Maybe I can write stories, but I am technically "challenged" when it ocmes to posting pics here. I think I did it once....I went to the My Pictures file..and now I am at brain fade mode. Help!
                    Connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie
                      Maybe I can write stories, but I am technically "challenged" when it ocmes to posting pics here. I think I did it once....I went to the My Pictures file..and now I am at brain fade mode. Help!
                      Connie
                      Connie, one of these days, I'll create a help file for the technically challenged among us

When you post a message, scroll down a bit, you'll see a button marked "Manage Attachments"... click this...

It will open a dialoge box, or multi boxes with a browse tab on the side of each one.. this will open in a separate "window" that should pop up above the page your message is on. Click on the browse tab and navigate to the exact image you want to upload, then once you find it, double click it and it will then be in the box that you clicked browse on. You can put in up to 10 images by doing this over and over on one pass... but when you have the image/images you want in there, click on upload images.. wait while it uploads. If successful, the box will reload with your images listed down on the bottom section of it. You can then close that upload box, finish your message and click submit.. If all was done correctly and all that, the images will show up in the message body as the little clickable thumbnails..

It's easier than it looks but... the image dimensions and file sizes have to be within the limits or you'll get an error message on the upload window that you were using to get the images up there....

Image physical size (in pixels) max width= 800 pixels
                      max height= no limit
                      max file size 185kb

file types, .jpg .gif .png

Hope that helps
                      Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
                        Thanks..well I tried but files too big. I'll work with it..however as Jeff said ....leave the sky shots to you camera guys..by the way, are those big lenses some "guy" thing??
                        I do have some great people shots and a few from Monday when we were out on the flight line...so I'll try later.
                        Thanks again and take care.
                        Connie

Comment

Originally posted by Vlado
                          Me thinks the T-38 is the same airframe that John Dilley at Fort Wayne put together over the last few years (It may have a psuedo glass cockpit as well). Me thinks that Thornton had/has only stock T-38s and F-5Bs (for the 2 seaters), no mix-match airframes.
                          It must be quite a zoomer!
                          Thornton actually has used an F-5 "boat-tail" (the ass-end of the jet where the stabs and engine nozzles are) on at least one of this T-38s because it has a drag chute housing on it which the stock Talon doesn't have.

The Perot, Jr, T-38 appears to have a stock T-38 aft fuselage (it doesn't have the alternate-air louvers that are on the F-5) but possibly also has an F-5 boat-tail (note the square-shaped container at the base of the rudder -- this is where the drag chute goes on an F-5).

If someone has some more clear photos of the tail/empennage/nozzle area it would be very easy to tell.

Perot's airplane also has a custom cockpit which is not mil-spec, a sorta glass-cockpit setup.

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                            Wayne! It was awesome seeing you again! You won the bet on the recognition contest (Wayne who?). Glad to see you walkin' and talkin' and balkin' as you should be.
                            Tyson, OMG, what amazing stuff. Ideas and execution -- I love it! Peas
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Wayner & Tyson: A+ photography. Great use of the available lighting. Always love the "Back cross key". I am hard pressed to make a choice...but the F-14 against the rock cliff with the heat signature is huge with me. I had some photo opps in Nam as a USMC combat shooter (Choppers, fox-holes, & F-4's) the smokers were the rush.
                              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Mystical Power
                                I am hard pressed to make a choice...but the F-14 against the rock cliff with the heat signature is huge with me.
                                Tom, huge thanks! I don't really try for those long shots because of the darn heat wave distortion that usually plagues long lens, long range shots... I was not even thinking about the fact it was sub 70 degrees on that day, I just wanted all I could get of the Tomcat's last demo, so I banged away....

Glad you liked it, this week, more than others, it was a hard choice what to put up as POTW, you made that choice for me..!

Thanks, wish you could have made it out!

Wayne
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X