Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aviation Nation Huge Success - More Photos From Las Vegas Air Show

quote:...>with what's-his-name in the Oracle bipe<

.....those words used to be cause for "discussion"....
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51
      quote:...>with what's-his-name in the Oracle bipe<

.....those words used to be cause for "discussion"....

Geez, I hope I didn't offend anybody. Just one of those brain fades that happens more and more frequently these days. Somewhere I have a pin that certifies I'm a member of Sean Tucker's 'Pole Holder Club', from back in the early 90s when air racing came to Denver and he was on the airshow program. I was walking around in the pits when I nearly tripped over him as he was pushing his Pitts out to the line. Sean recruited me on the spot, and I got to watch his amazing routine from the side of the runway. You'd think I could remember a guy's name after an experience like that...but you'd be wrong.
      SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
        Geez, I hope I didn't offend anybody. Just one of those brain fades that happens more and more frequently these days.
        HAH!! Least I have an excuse
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

KH,

...no offense here,
          but Sean D. used to be quite explicit on the full "Sean D. Tucker" name
          at every airshow I have seen and helped(?) him at.

......my prior reply was in jest/self-synical based on his reactions I had observed.

Kilo...you do fine by me.
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

[QUOTE=Randy Haskin]Thornton actually has used an F-5 "boat-tail" (the ass-end of the jet where the stabs and engine nozzles are) on at least one of this T-38s because it has a drag chute housing on it which the stock Talon doesn't have.

Randy-

I read an article in Air Classics many years ago, was written by Chuck Thornton and detailed building his first T-38. He said that the box on the back between the burner cans was essentially a "bolt on" mod to convert the T-38 to accept the F-5 Drag Chute.
            The jet in these photos looks like a T-38 to me. T-38 wing, intake, boat tail. It does appear to have the drag chute mod and the AT-38B C/L pylon. I think it would look real nice in my hangar!

-Ken Dwelle

Comment

Ken,
              When are you going to drag CM out of your hangar and come play?

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                Ken,
                When are you going to drag CM out of your hangar and come play?

That I can't answer. We just don't know what the future holds for Race #10. That airplane, or probably any fast unlimited, is really a pain in the ass. None of us have the time or the motivation right now to do anything with it. I will probably feel different when we get a prop for it and I get some time in the thing.

One thing we did do is to buy another racing T-6. It is a Harvard II that we sold 14 years ago named Tinkertoy. It has two gold wins (89 and 90). We figured if one T-6 is good, two should be better no? Dad and I will fly to Dallas on Thursday to bring it back. I'm very anxious to get it up in the air with Kitchen Pass and see where they shake out.

-Ken

Comment

Working...
                X