Racers and Warbirds at Nellis: Glacier Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racers and Warbirds at Nellis: Glacier Girl

I got in at about 2:00 today, the trip through both airports carrying all my gear and my canned "food" for the six days I'll be here, bout killed me!

Didn't make it out to the base till just prior to sunset so, no visit to the flightline..However...

Did talk with a few folks who managed to make it!

On the field right now...

Rare Bear
    Dago Red
    Ridge Runner
    Precious Metal
    Miss America (surprise!!!!)

I think I'm missing one but I'll check tomorrow once I go get my last ID card and get my BRAND STINKING NEW rental car all officially regged onbase (three miles on the odo when I picked it out!) Funny story... along with the insurance that costs as much as the daily rental for the compact I had reserved, the zero personality guy behind the counter was REALLY trying to sell me on upgrading to a mid-size for ten bucks a day more.. Yea.. give me a free upgrad and I'm all over it! (last time at PRS, from same company, they were out of compacts and I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee!!)

So I get out to the rental lot and lo and behold... out of compacts! I drive off with a new Dodge Stratus!

Anyway... The planned trip downtown for Glacier Girl fell through due to permit problems with City of Las Vegas.. (too bad, we get her out at the show instead!!) so they flew her out from N.Vegas to here!!

She was inside the Thunderbird Hangar tonight, along with Danny Martin's Ridge Runner... Really nice display!

I'll see if any of the low light shots I was trying sans tripod turned out and post one or two here if I can stay awake long enough.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X