Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Thumbs up Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Whoo Hoo! I got a call from John Penney earlier today, he'd thought I was already down Vegas way and was letting me know he was about to be on the way. With the weather like it's been between Reno and Vegas, I've been concerned all day.. Just got the good news, The Rare Bear is on the ground at Nellis, buttoned up and ready to rock this coming weekend at the Nellis Air Show!!

Now to get the rest of the chicks into the nest and we's gonna have us an air show down that way!!

Wayne

Default Re: Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

any word on precious metal?

You gonna go down there, Matt?

For those of you at the show, be sure to say hello to my squadronmates "Danno" and "Skindog" who will be bringing a T-38C to the show for static display.

Danno is a former Thunderbird, by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    any word on precious metal?
    Matty, nope.. I was hoping one of you guys down that way would have word. Last year, Ron played the weather and went down on Tuesday I think... I was hoping I'd hear that he was already there. I just got word that John Parker is enroute as I write this .. or already there..

It's gonna be a sneaker/squeaker this year. Riff Raff already cancelled but I did not figure they would actually be able to make it out from back east anyway, No word on Brent Hisey and MissA, though I am in deep doubt that he'll make it. It's about a 15 minute trip for Dago, so I'm pretty sure they will be there... Dan Martin has to make it down from up near the Bay Area I think and he was on "weather watch" at last word...

No question, we will not have a full field again this year. Also no word from Bob Button on his two airplanes that have to make it out.. Chris Rounds is still planning on coming out with the Red Knight, so we should have a pace plane, at least...Maybe not a safety jet though.

We shall see...

Anyone out near Stead take a peek into the RARA hangar and see if Ron's plane is there and or showing signs of being ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Haskin
    For those of you at the show, be sure to say hello to my squadronmates "Danno" and "Skindog" who will be bringing a T-38C to the show for static display.

Will do Randy... wish you could have made it out! I'll try to get pix of them to put on the net if they don't mind....

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Haskin

Too bad you couldn't change "Skindog" to "Book'em".

Ron B. will be in Vegas on thursday......Lord willing the plane is good shape and the weather will hold. MG
    MG

gary, nah i can't afford it, i would love to go down there, but it just ain't gonna happen.

hey mike, you gonna be down there to launch ron on thursday? i have some things i need to talk to the team about and i'd like as much of the crew to be there as possible.

Ron is going to lucky to have anyone show up...Right now it's me and Chris... Boy, do I feel sorry for Chris.......
    MG

what's wrong with him?

i for sure will be there.