Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Whoo Hoo! I got a call from John Penney earlier today, he'd thought I was already down Vegas way and was letting me know he was about to be on the way. With the weather like it's been between Reno and Vegas, I've been concerned all day.. Just got the good news, The Rare Bear is on the ground at Nellis, buttoned up and ready to rock this coming weekend at the Nellis Air Show!!

Now to get the rest of the chicks into the nest and we's gonna have us an air show down that way!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

any word on precious metal?
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

You gonna go down there, Matt?

Comment

For those of you at the show, be sure to say hello to my squadronmates "Danno" and "Skindog" who will be bringing a T-38C to the show for static display.

Danno is a former Thunderbird, by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by matt
          any word on precious metal?
          Matty, nope.. I was hoping one of you guys down that way would have word. Last year, Ron played the weather and went down on Tuesday I think... I was hoping I'd hear that he was already there. I just got word that John Parker is enroute as I write this .. or already there..

It's gonna be a sneaker/squeaker this year. Riff Raff already cancelled but I did not figure they would actually be able to make it out from back east anyway, No word on Brent Hisey and MissA, though I am in deep doubt that he'll make it. It's about a 15 minute trip for Dago, so I'm pretty sure they will be there... Dan Martin has to make it down from up near the Bay Area I think and he was on "weather watch" at last word...

No question, we will not have a full field again this year. Also no word from Bob Button on his two airplanes that have to make it out.. Chris Rounds is still planning on coming out with the Red Knight, so we should have a pace plane, at least...Maybe not a safety jet though.

We shall see...

Anyone out near Stead take a peek into the RARA hangar and see if Ron's plane is there and or showing signs of being ready to go.

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
          For those of you at the show, be sure to say hello to my squadronmates "Danno" and "Skindog" who will be bringing a T-38C to the show for static display.

Will do Randy... wish you could have made it out! I'll try to get pix of them to put on the net if they don't mind....

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin

Too bad you couldn't change "Skindog" to "Book'em".

Comment

Ron B. will be in Vegas on thursday......Lord willing the plane is good shape and the weather will hold. MG
              MG

Comment

gary, nah i can't afford it, i would love to go down there, but it just ain't gonna happen.

hey mike, you gonna be down there to launch ron on thursday? i have some things i need to talk to the team about and i'd like as much of the crew to be there as possible.
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Ron is going to lucky to have anyone show up...Right now it's me and Chris... Boy, do I feel sorry for Chris.......
                  MG

Comment

what's wrong with him?

i for sure will be there.
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      Too bad you couldn't change "Skindog" to "Book'em".
                      LOL!!!! I wonder if some of the people here are too young to know what show you're talking about Speed??

-w
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Matt, Mike, I don't have contact info for Ron anymore, when you guys see him, if it is too nasty for him to launch on Thursday, wx looks good on both ends for Friday. Last year, they were going to allow John Penney to come in late due to the wx, I'm pretty sure, if Ron can get briefed via phone, like they did last year with John before he had the fuel pressure problem, Ron would have a window to come in on Friday. If he launched early enough, he doubtless could get in before practice started.

Mike, you have my phone number, my land line will forward over to my cell, have Ron call me if he can't get hold of anyone with official authority and I'll see what I can do. I'll be right there on the ramp with Col. Hertberg in visual contact most of the time. The "airboss" is a really great guy and will usually do anything within reason to get the guys in. From what it looks like now, and the forecast changes every time I look at it, it's supposed to be crap on Thurs and prtly cloudy on Friday.

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So Brother Goss calls me this afternoon, tells me it's a-rainin' in sunny California, and says it's not lookin' too good at the moment to get Warlock over the hills to Sin City.

Anybody know how to do an anti-rain-dance?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                            So Brother Goss calls me this afternoon, tells me it's a-rainin' in sunny California, and says it's not lookin' too good at the moment to get Warlock over the hills to Sin City.

Anybody know how to do an anti-rain-dance?
                            Grrrr... whoever decided that November was a good month to have an airshow.. (I didn't say that) seriously though.. last year and this year, we have had weather problems. I have friends in Vegas and it was great last week and is scheduled to be great next week also.. who knew!

Speed, I can't find Randy's phone number, email me with it or tell him to contact me. We can probably get him in as late as Saturday AM (early) or maybe even later (remembering when Capt. Eddy came in last year with the Firefly)

One of us down there would just have to talk with the air boss to set it up. It would involve a phone call between "Lips" (airboss) and the pilot of the airplane for a briefing by phone. This is how it went last year, I'm assuming that Lips will be able to do same same this time round.

I'm not there yet, so would not be able to coordindate anything till after probably 4:00pm tomorrow. Randy knows Jim Pera's phone number, he should be able to call Jim and get same or faster results from him. He is already there and available. Scheduled arrival day is actually tomorrow.. what's wx look like down there for then and or Friday??????

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

I am headed to Bakersfield tonight- and we are still planning a Thursday morning departure.

Damn the rain- its airshow time!

See ya in the morning (I hope!) All the best, RG
                              Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                              RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
                              X