NemesisNXT: Not Ready For Nellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NemesisNXT: Not Ready For Nellis

Just got off the phone with Jon Sharp. Unfortunately, they will not be able to be ready in time to get to Nellis. They just managed a white knuckle gear down flight from Stead down to Mojave a week or so ago and have not been able to nail everything down to be able to make it safely up to Nellis.

Jon wanted me to relay his and everyone on the team's disappointment. We all want to see the airplane at the show but SAFETY is always job number one!! They would have had to fly it to the show gear down and frankly, I'm very happy that the decision was made to take the time to get it right before leaving the ground again!!!

Looks like if I'm going to get to see the airplane, I'm just going to have to fly down there and see it at Jon and Trish's Hangar!

See you all at Nellis in a few days!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: NemesisNXT: Not Ready For Nellis

I've had the pleasure of sharing a Reno hanger with Jon for many years, and have closely watched his operation, and I can not, honestly, think of a time when I've EVER seen Jon have the same problem, twice. I would happy to bet, that he NEVER has another gear problem.
    I've heard competetors whine, "how we going to beat LOCKHEED". Well if they would do half the preperation & testing Jon does, they wouldn't NEED Lockheed. Jon has a lot invested in this plane, and probably forced him to rush and forgo some of the testing, he normally would have done, don't expect him to repeat that mistake. NXT time that airplanes rolls out to race, IT WILL be ready.
    Then there's Trish.. what most guy's wouln't give, for what she brings to the team.
    Best of luck to Jon, Trish and the whole gang, '05's going to be VERY interesting.
    Pipe-in some time, we all would love to here from you..........Paul
    P.S. was that the Wookie, in one of your team photo's ?

Comment

Paul,

Jon does drop in here from time to time... and you are correct, they are a class act. Some have complained that Jon has all the luck, well, like they say, luck is when preparation and opportunity come together!

I could tell that he REALLY felt bad about not making Nellis but I applaud their decision! No way in hell I ever want to be at an airshow when somebody gets hurt trying to get there..

It's just not worth it.

I AM sorely disappointed to not get to see the airplane, again though!!

And I WILL make a special trip down once they get done with it, probably this coming spring, or if the weather is nice down there, maybe earlier.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne-
        I guess it's natural for people to take shots at THE fast guy, and they do, but he really set the mark. He was the 'rabbit'. I believe without guys like Jon, F1's would still have 180 mph as Gold speeds, not as barely qualifying speeds. I've heard complaints about not being able to afford telemetry systems....Well telemetry ain't going to do you any good, if you don't take the plane OUT of the trailer, between Reno's.

Please say a special HI! to Trish, for me. I tried to e-mail, but it got bounced back. I can understand, wanting to be left alone at this time. My heartfelt condolances for the disappointing start, (but remember, Trish, you still got the big guy in one piece, and that is worth EVERYTHING).

For a while there, crewing got to be, just a job, with bad hours. Trish and a few other very special people, got me away from the epoxy fumes, and showed me that it is this marvelous community of crazy people, that REALLY making racing, FUN.

Let's face it 2004 s*cked for a lot of us, here's to a healthy, happy and fast 2005.. ....................Paul

Comment

Hello all of you in Air Race land. First, Thank You Wayne and Paul for the kind words. Today we are working on the Nemesis putting ointment and band aids her "scratches"... The plane went through the ordeal with stunning resolve! We flew the plane home a couple of weeks ago, after rebuilding the sanded off lower cowl/oil cooler. Fortunately we didn't spill any oil, no environmental impact statement required, or fines for oiling down the track...Tricia and I had a wonderful flight over the Sierras and down the San Juaquin Valley to scenic Mojave, where we taxied the Nemesis up to the restuarant there and had lunch, then taxied Nemesis home. We kept the wheels down on the trip, and that limited our speed to 255-260 MPH...It seemed to take forever...
          We are so terribly sorry for not being able to make Las Vegas to support the world's fastest motor sport! Our heart felt "sorrys" to all you Air Race fans, and THANK YOU for the support! It is the highest priority in our camp to get to anywhere there is Air Racing! So keep a "Sharp" eye out for the Nemesis to be zinging down a runway near you very soon! Can't Wait
          Cheers,
          Jon and Tricia, Nemenoids

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Jon and Tricia, Nemenoids
            Jon-
            You've GOT to work on better nicknames. I liked "sissy-men", better, (Nemisis spelled backward, for you non-dyslexic).
            Nemenoids sounds like something you'd need a cream, for.
            NeXT MEN, or something... .............Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
              Nemenoids sounds like something you'd need a cream, for.
              NeXT MEN, or something... .............Paul
              NXTo Sapien
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X