Vintage Thunderbirds and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage Thunderbirds and....

I'll always have the memory of my first T-Bird show. It was at Laughlin AFB(Dad was an AF career man)and they were in the F-100s. Back in those days, the guys were allowed to taxi right up to the crowd line. Having those pitots and intakes coming right up to ya when you're a kid of about 7 left a visual I'll never forget. Also, I've seen the T-38s and F-16s a lot.

The first Blue Angel show I saw was at McCord and they were flying the F-4s. It seemed they kept their distance(less overlap)in those big birds. It was an awesome show, regardless. Got to see them a LOT in the A-4s. Mostly at the Seafair Hydro Races in Seattle. Once, they flew a show at Mountain View when I was stationed in Alameda. We parked in the back side of show center, at the Lockheed parking lot and kept thinking......."Man, I bet if they opened the doors on that blimp hangar, that little A-4 could zoom right through there!"

To give credit to our Northern brothers, I've seen the Snowbirds 2-3 times, and they put on a great show, too!

GO

Comment

Re: Vintage Thunderbirds and....

Gary,

Wingman has some pretty neat Snowbird shots, maybe he'll post a few of them here..

Wayne
      PS.. Viva Las Vegas!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X