Thunderbird Thuds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird Thuds

Air Race Addict wanted to know what shows were flown by the T-birds in the F-105:

Norfolk, Virginia
    NAS Pensacolda, Florida
    Fayetteville, North Carolina,
    Patrick AFB, Georgia
    Shaw AFB, South Carolina
    McChord AFB, Washington.

The accident occured on arrival for the show at Hamilton AFB, California, and killed Capt. Eugene Devlin, the left wing pilot.

On a related note, there was a book written about the T-birds when they were flying the C-model Super Sabers in the early '60s. I think it was by Martin Cadin, and it may have been called something like "I was a Thunderbird". Anybody know anything about this? I read it when I was a kid, and it was a very cool book. I'd like to track a copy down and read it again.

Brad

Re: Thunderbird Thuds

I know I had that book at one time. Maybe I'll have time to look for it.

As an aside, I met Martin when I lived in Cocoa Beach, even got a ride in his JU-52. Very strange man, won't go into it now but besides being a great author he definitley was "different", but then many creative types are.

Ron Henning
    Ron Henning

Comment

Re: Thunderbird Thuds

Originally posted by speeddemon
      Air Race Addict wanted to know what shows were flown by the T-birds in the F-105:

Norfolk, Virginia
      NAS Pensacolda, Florida
      Fayetteville, North Carolina,
      Patrick AFB, Georgia
      Shaw AFB, South Carolina
      McChord AFB, Washington.

Brad
      Thanks Brad. Unless we happened to be in the SEA area back then, (which is possible), I guess it was a figment of "my wish it were so" imagination. Thanks for checking. I'll have to check with my Dad. My Mom really had a better memory for that sort of thing, but hopefully my Dad will be able to remember.
      Bill

Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
      X