PRS and a summer fly in in July.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS and a summer fly in in July.

It seems to me that this PRS thing is getting to be a big deal (bigger than I ever thought it would be).
    So why dont they just make it an all out event. Lets see here.

Charge $5.00 (over 12 Y) for all acess entry. Pits,and grand stands,
    invite War birds, (modified, or stock)
    invite any and all racing aircraft,
    You know... just make it a BIG war bird and racing aircraft fly in.

Proceeds can go to helping to support the National Championship Air Races in Sept. Bigger purces for the pilots in each class, and bringing new acts into the air show.
    The only flying that would be done durring the day would be reserved for the instruction class of PRS. No racing, or air show acts to have to worry about. Just plane old Fly in, like what happens all over the USA in the spring and summer months.
    Just another way to spread the word about our beloved Air racing. and hopfully we can add some bigger name sponcers as well.

Just a thought. Any one ells out ther want to add to, support or even add any negitive thoughts to this idea please do so.

Wolfee
    good idea, Lets run with it.
    0%
    Bad idea, shoot it down.
    0%

The only problem I see with that is that PRS is for training. New race pilots especially don't need the distraction. While the flying part is exciting for the fans, there's also a lot of ground school training that goes on. I know they changed the format this year, and if they continue with the new format for PRS, your idea might work. But I really think that the focus on this event needs to stay with the pilots, not the fans.

Comment

I voted yes but with a qualification..

I totally agree that the emphisis is on training and should stay that way but here's the qualifications.... well.. sort of..

One, the pilots are darn good at "tuning us out" and you'll have to trust me on this. If they are busy or really at "being a pilot" they will, necessairly, either ignore you or let you know that now is not the time.

I believe the keeping the emphisis on them is not really a difficult or impossible issue.

I think this could be turned not only into something bigger and also a money maker for RARA and the sport, I think it could be done within the confines of what is already there..

I know at least one very prominent racer that I've spent a lot of delightful time with, who's name I will not put to the following "quotelett" out of consideration of the fact that the remark was made off the record.. (just two guys talkin'.. not a subject to reporter conversation)

"I've always said is all we need is two events, maybe they oughtta' make this thing a race"

How about the culmination of the week being an actual... "Rookie Race".

Complete with any fully qualified veteran pilots who show up to run against and have a points system that somehow favor those who show in the June event for consideration for positining at Stead in September.. (championship points??)

After seeing the attendence levels this year at PRS, and knowing how far some of the visitors who were there came from (Even driving! Did ya get home OK Warpt?)

I think this could be a grand thing for racing, RARA and the racers... hummn... The Three RRR's...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yes! I made it home ok with no problems at all in the chopped and channeled '65 Ford pickup (probably because it's all Chevy underneath including the frame) LOL!

I am replying as unregistered 'cause my home computer has my registration info on it and it's in the 'shop' for some performance upgrades! Whoo hoooo!

It was good to see you at PRS Wayne (working hard as usual!).

I had a good time out there at PRS and would do it again this coming weekend if it was held again. This was my second year in a row attending the PRS. I got my RENO 'fix' and now I think I will make it until September! I can't wait! This is going to be the BEST RENO EVER!

See ya there!
        WARPT

Comment

LOL.. FORD??? damn, I must have X-Ray vision because I left thinkin you were safe on the drive because I pegged it as a chevy... (I only had two beers... actually... no beers that day too!)

Good to see ya again... Even though my sun baked/beer soaked brain didn't immediatly put the name/face connection together..

Nuttin like a Chebby to getcha home man!

See ya in September and I agree, this will be the best one yet!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Fordolet..or Chevrolord?!

Hey Wayne,

It's not easy to properly identify this pick-em-up truck. It's a '65 Ford body chopped and channeled over a Chevrolet frame. There is a mid-sixties Chevy grill in the front and a Chevy tailgate insert in the Ford tailgate...very decieving! It's got a built Chevy 350 V8 and a turbo 350 trans and an Olds rearend. Heck, even the tilt steering wheel and the split bench seat are out of a '68 Chevy!

Quite the unique vehicle indeed! I had just bought it in Portland, OR on Thursday morning and drove it down to Reno for the weekend of PRS. What a great weekend!!!

PRS was great!

See ya in September!

WARPT

Comment

Hummn... Portland, Oregon.. the land of CHEVIES! (where I drove mine from just days before... were you that guy that streaked by me )

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X