Jelly Bean Treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jelly Bean Treat

The Reno Gazzette Journal said he only got about $9,000 from the sponser, and that he was the corprate pilot for Jelly Belly, I'm trying to find the article for exact numbers.
    Tony

Comment

Even so.....$9000 makes a pretty decent dent in the gas bill for the week! Every little bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
        Product plugs seem to be popular on TV shows. If you ever watched Seinfield, you may have noticed a mtn. bike hanging in the hallway on a hook (I THINK it was seinfield). Klein Mountain Bikes paid a pretty penny to have that bike (and it's name) visible in each episode. I also read that when you see a can of coca-cola or some other product on a table or counter on in an actor's hand, money changed hands for it to be there.
        Movies too. Reeses Pieces candy were seen and used in Spielberg's "E.T.", only because M&M's didn't want to pay for the exposure.....Bad move, as Reeses Pieces became very popular after that movie became a hit.
        As I have some experience in this area, product plugs can be very sketchy. Many times you will pay for placement in shows or movies and your product will not show up. You are at the mercy of those who put the film on the cutting room floor. Unless you pay BIG BIG dollars, they aren't going to go out of their way to make sure your product is front row and center.

Comment

I can tell you that bringing sponsors onboard is a very difficult process. You are right Wayne, it is all about the numbers, number of people that will see the add and time of exposure that add will get. The only way we have made ourself attractive to the sponsors is with the airshows attached with the Reno schedule. Discovery, Discovery Wings and ESPN and the LARGE airshows are a big part of getting the number of views up to a point that it makes it worth while for sponsors to look at aircraft for billborads.

Comment

Working...
          X