Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for Hacker or Air Race Addict

Originally posted by Leo
    Hang in there Juke! My wife went thru this about ten years ago. After 9 months of pain, three cortizone shots and her ending up in a wheelchair she had the surgery. Just a few hours after later she was able to walk without pain and except for some care to not re-damage the area she has been fine ever since.
    She considers the surgery the best thing she ever did.

Leo
    Ditto for a friend of mine here at work. He was in terrible pain for over a year, and got INSTANT relief from the surgery. The discomfort and effort of rehabbing from surgery was nothing when compared to being able to sleep, walk and sit without pain.

Comment

Ok Leo,

I think I might have to take the third shot too, since after the second ct-scanning the situation got worse and the shot was possibly given into 1 mm off the target area. I may have done mistake myself since pretty soon after the last shot ( few days ) I took a 6 mile bicycle ride and made the situation worse again ( I managed a few days without painkillers before that ). Cortizone does do something in my case, but sure as heck it doesn't make me 100% ok. Seriously the eating of 150 + painkillers and 75 muscle ralaxants makes my head feel dizzy and my eyesight is getting poorer too. I have lost 20 kilos ( 18% ) during last six months and 16 kilos in just 8 weeks.
      I called my physicaltherapeutist and she ( a real beauty from western Lapland ) forbid me of going to the gym to train, but she said walking in this acute phase is ok...she would have killed me if I said I went cycling in the stormy icy conditions 2 days ago. I just had to since I have been lying in bed for 7 weeks before that. I enjoyed every breath of the fresh outdoor air on a trail on a little island nearby.

I grabbed a pizza today in a local bar/pizzeria and the chef told me he got surgery 7 years ago and he is ok now, but a friend who was operated 2 years ago got paralyzed of his midbody ( peeing and pooing )on the samekinda operation. So it is not always a success. An other friend is doing ok too after the operation..says his back is little more stiffer than before.

I could tell you incredible stories of the 6 days I just spent in hospital. One dude had fallen 4 stories from his balcony..one was thrown from horseback when dog scared the horse...one construction guy fell from the roof and he was given morfine for several days in every 20 minutes by a machine..an older man was run over by a tractor wheel and his foot was dispositioned....it was fun comparing the effects of the drugs with others...legally...only way I know it !!! Right after my shot I was the most "healthy" one and I made coffee for the whole crew of six in my room...well the "morfine guy" was unable to drink, but said he his not getting enuf of morfine....LOL.....I am sure they made him better than before.

well later dudes,

Juke T / Oulu
      Last edited by First time Juke; 11-03-2004, 12:22 PM.
      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just take it easy and be careful. My wife was like you, refused to slow down, until the condition made her. Eventually she was numb from the waist down on one side, could'nt walk, etc.
        I've heard many success stories and few problems with a procedure that seems to be relatively low risk. But, I'm not a doctor and I do not play one on TV....

Good luck!

Leo
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I thought we were talking about staples.....

Comment

You're right!
            But Wayne started it!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
              You're right!
              But Wayne started it!
              Nuaah ahhh! Jukka did it Jukka did it!

But then, hey... don't they use staples instead of stiches now?? See.. it's ON TOPIC....
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X