P-51 Reno Racer kite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51 Reno Racer kite

Heh-heh. I saw one of these while shopping at Frys Electronics yesterday...I may have to get one for the fenceline next year to fart around with while waiting between races (can't really see most airshow routines while way out there anyway).

Re: P-51 Reno Racer kite

I bought one of those a couple of years ago at Sams Club. It flies pretty well as long as the wind is constant. Mine does not have the custom prop though.

Kevin

Comment

I had one too, never really got mine to fly quite right. The prop broke off after it hit the ground a few times and I never did get it to perform any tricks. Still pretty cool looking though.
      If you are really looking for something to have a little fun with I'd suggest one of these ---> http://www.zagi.com/index.php?main_p...&products_id=1
      You get a couple of your buddies to get one as well and between races you either have combat or races of your own Tons O fun!
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

If you are really looking for something to have a little fun with I'd suggest one of these ---> http://www.zagi.com/index.php?main_...1&products_id=1
        For the last few years there's been some folks bringing RC planes out to the fenceline area, flying wings like the one you posted, but those were high-powered gas engines, not electrics. I never felt comfortable flying one out by the fenceline though, with all the real aircraft flying about and all the people scattered around the flying area.

I prefer gas RC myself (I love the noise and the smell and the extra power vs electrics), but I haven't had an RC aircraft since the early 90's , after all my favorite local flying fields were built over by Silicon Graphics, Microsoft, Google, etc...even all the schools have NO MODEL AIRPLANE signs now (I flew both RC and control-line planes in schoolyards when I was younger).

Comment

I saw some guys out there this year flying R/C but didn't notice anyone flying gas, they were all electric. I understand what you mean when you mention flying around the big airplanes and people. The way I see it IF you play smart there shouldn't be a problem. That means no flying over peoples heads and keeping your flightline out in front of any spectators that may gather. It also means when the racers are in the area you shouldn't be up. When the Formula 1 guys are racing they are so far off you'd never be able to get in their way, but when the Jets or Unlimiteds are up you (not necessarily you but the people flying R/C) should have your plane on the ground. Besides, if you are flying R/C how are you supposed to watch the races ?
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

One more thing, I also fly the larger stuff. I haven't quite got into the really big planes just yet but most of what I fly is gas (well glow fuel actually) powered, but if you haven't seen the current (pun intended) crop of electrics you'd be supprised at what they can do. There are electric planes competing agianst gas powered machines AND winning
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

AirDogge,

hookup with Mulvara.....SCC RC club in Morgan Hill/Almaden(?)

......Agnews is gone (Lick Mill Rd)

....some amazing planes and people .....(bump 'em up to real air racin' !)

ps: SCC RC does have (or had) a website)
              Mayday51
              Jim Gallagher

Comment

......Agnews is gone (Lick Mill Rd)
                Yeppers, and before that was the flying site that is now occupied by the Santa Clara convention center and a golf course.

I'm aware of the Morgan Hill site, but it's just a bit farther away than I wish to travel, especially with valley traffic getting so bad (I have to leave Mtn. View and pass through Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose to get there from my location).

The last place I flew at was the big parking lot at Shoreline Amphitheater, but they finally kicked us out of there when SGI put up their building right next to it. Maybe someday I'll get antsy enough to get back into the RC hobby and fight commuters all the way to Morgan Hill....

Comment

Working...
                X