Nemesis - Warlock - Blue Thunder To Fly At Nellis Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemesis - Warlock - Blue Thunder To Fly At Nellis Air Show

Well, the "formal" announcement has yet to be made but I was instructed by the Air Force to update the schedule for the nellisairshow.com website and something we've been working on for down there was added to the schedule "formally" so.... I guess I'm free to finally talk about it a bit..

The IF1's were originally scheduled to fly in the morning Air Race demonstration slot but, unfortunately, at the last minute, a major sponsor had to cut their funds in half and that part of the event no longer had its funds..

Since Nemesis and Blue Thunder were already going to be there, they were asked if they would fly the slot and wonder of wonders.. *someone* stuck his neck out and sent off an email to Randy Goss to see if they'd want to bring Warlock down (originally just for static) and... well... then it all came together and we're going to have a "scratch race" with mixed divisions at the Nellis Air Show!

Rare Bear has agreed to go up and I don't know if Dago Red has been contacted yet but I suspect they will fly also...

Does anyone notice besides me that all of the above airplanes have pilots that are either current or former Gold Champions at Reno??

I've been out of the loop for a few days since everyone on the WoW side is SOO busy, so I don't know how this is going to finally flesh out but.

If you were sort of thinking about coming to Nellis, it suddenly has a lot more to offer!!

All of that and a schduled F/A-22 Flyby and landing as well!!!!!!

Now, if I get skinned for letting the "cat out of the bag" at least I have an excuse.. The AF made me do it!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Nemesis - Warlock - Blue Thunder To Fly At Nellis Air Show

Are F-22s flying at Nellis supposed to be a new thing? I suppose that might be the first time being seen by the general public, but they've been flying operationally for a while now.

This photo was taken from my T-38, holding short for runway 21 at Nellis this last March, as I was about to go up and be this guy's bandit. He had to come back home for some reason (not an emergency, fortunately), so we weren't able to fight him!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
      Are F-22s flying at Nellis supposed to be a new thing? I suppose that might be the first time being seen by the general public, but they've been flying operationally for a while now.
      That's a fact Randy but they have not been allowed to fly demonstration, or flybys at Nellis prior to this. I think they have flown at Edwards for their show, at least someone sent me a really crisp shot taken with a really good telephoto of the angle that they will cut yer nuts off if they catch you shooting it on the ground from.... He said it was taken.. I think at the Edwards show.. I told him to burn it

I guess it's more of a big deal to me because they were there last year and we could not get one up for the show.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        ...someone sent me a really crisp shot taken with a really good telephoto of the angle that they will cut yer nuts off if they catch you shooting it on the ground from.... He said it was taken.. I think at the Edwards show.. I told him to burn it
        Who needs super-secret photos of those F/A-22 things when you've got *real* workhorses like this on the ramp at Nellis!!

Attached Files

Comment

Who needs super-secret photos of those F/A-22 things when you've got *real* workhorses like this on the ramp at Nellis!!

Amen brother and they don't step on your head and point guns at you if you take unauthorized pix of these babies

(I'm exaggerating about the stepping on the head thing... )
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

...they will cut yer nuts off if they catch you shooting it on the ground from.... He said it was taken.. I think at the Edwards show.. I told him to burn it
            So what country could afford to copy it now, anyway?
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
              So what country could afford to copy it now, anyway?
              Ahh.. another question that comes to mind is... and I know a lot of people will shoot me for even saying this... what country are we going to use it against or defend against with it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy we have it and don't have a huge problem with my share of tax dollars going in to build more but, I do wonder about when times change, if military plans should change accordingly.

Randy's F-15 would probably handle anything out there today or on the drawing board for quite a while to come.. but then, you never know, there is the Eurofighter coming on line and maybe, someday, we'll have to fight it... so, build on baby! I like being the "big bully" on the block!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

....yea, the Air Force does get funny 'bout stuff like that,

....I'll tell ya the story 'bout being stipped to skivvies ad pinned/hung on a fence at a west coast missle site....

.....those M-16 bores just gain a LOT of caliber when ya site up the bore !
                Mayday51
                Jim Gallagher

Comment

Can a Euro-fighter supercruise burning "beau JP-4 jalais"? They add Prist to it to enhance that full-bodied nuttiness....

Wayner, you're awake early!
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                    Wayner, you're awake early!
                    Nupe, up late.... bout to turn in tho.... Don't worry, I live alone, BeerNazi's out of town this weekend so I'll get my 8+ hrs..

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar]
                      Since Nemesis and Blue Thunder were already going to be there, they were asked if they would fly the slot and wonder of wonders.. *someone* stuck his neck out and sent off an email to Randy Goss to see if they'd want to bring Warlock down (originally just for static) and... well.. then it all came together and we're going to have a "scratch race".
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      They're going to need to give Randy a head start to make ot interesting.

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar]
                        Randy's F-15 would probably handle anything out there today or on the drawing board for quite a while to come.. but then, you never know, there is the Eurofighter coming on line and maybe, someday, we'll have to fight it... so, build on baby! I like being the "big bully" on the block!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Ditto that..

Always liked the F-20 Tigershark though, thought that was a good idea.

But don't forget we'll always have SOMETHING flying at
                        AREA-(52 NOW?). But you don't want to pull out the Cloaked,Trans-warp,
                        Photon torpedo-armed stuff, till you REALLY need it. (As a taxpayer, I don't mind paying $400.00 ea. for toilet seats.........

Comment

Ahh.. another question that comes to mind is... and I know a lot of people will shoot me for even saying this... what country are we going to use it against or defend against with it?

Wayne
                          What non military types don't understand is that the planners have to plan against "capabilities". They have to attempt to project what an adversaries capabilities are, say 20 years from now. Then they have to attempt to counter it. Now 20 years is a long time, and a lot of things can happen. Never know, we might be buddies with some countries like China, or whoever, and we might not be. The bottom line is, when you need the hardware now, your need it now. That means that somebody anticipated that need, fought for it, designed it, funded it, fought for it, build it, fought for it.....20 or so years ago.

I remember having this discussion about whethor we really needed the Hellfire missle system in the early to mid 70's. Glad they build it because it sure came in handy in the last 10 years.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Hey Randy, you're right! That warthog sure is a workhorse
                            TomL

Comment

Ok, enough of this fighter jet bs, eh? <giggle>

Wayners... Did you forget to mention somebody else that is probably going to fly during that parade of racers??? Hmmm...?

Scotty G

Comment

Working...
                              X