Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: AAFO.COM Air Racing and Aviation WebStore????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question: AAFO.COM Air Racing and Aviation WebStore????

Ok, no ride.
    I can live with that (snif).
    As for the rest of it - I'll be waiting to shop
    cheers, Rachel

Comment

Great idea! I spend way too much time scouring the net for gear. I hope this'll help support the AAFO site. If you can run with the "expendables" idea we might help support the teams too.

Comment

Wayne:
        If you are up to doing this store idea, I think it definitely could work. It sounds as if good things are going to be coming along with the site. It is already great. BTW, you are right about the Rare Bear leather jacket. I am Rare Bear Fan Sponsor #5, and think that Sharon Coates has done a terrific job with that program. If you feel up to it, I think you could add another dimension to the site and air racing in general.
        Very glad to read you are feeling better. I know I can speak for many who lurk on the board that we follow your progress and are delighted the doctors are giving you such good reports. Having lost both my parents to the big C due to smoking, ages 55 and 67, I can truly identify with your struggle. You "sound" good and getting better. Thanks for giving so much of yourself to this great forum and portal to the world of Air Racing.

Comment

Well, you guys and girls are certainly encouraging me to get on with it and "just do it"...

I really do have the time to handle/manage it if I just learn to structure my time better (a big problem for "retiree's" and "self-employed workathome's")

There really is no huge cash outlay that I need to think about before diving in, in a small way. I think offering a sort of "consignment store" for those who want to sell specialty items would be good also. Of course, they can always go to ebay and maybe do better but.. say you have a set of old programs and want a certain price for them.. just send me a photo, sign an agreement to actually deliver them (so I don't stick my neck out and get a sale, only to have the seller change mind!!) store gets a commission and we're all happy and a TRUE FAN OF AIR RACING (that's stolen from MarkK. by the way gets the item!

Well... those of you who've corresponded with me over the last few days know that I'm certainly getting my typing fingers back! Amazing how many words I can produce in a day via emails and messages on this board and then, barely be able to lay down a word for entertainment or information value (stores for this site)... wonder what it is about that???

Thanks for th encouragement..

Ahh.. quick thought.. would anybody be interested in Nellis Air Show shirts, programs and such? I know there is a surplus of them each year and so far, it's just been a matter of the "staffers" getting a closet full of Aviation Nation 2002 - Aviation Nation 2003 shirts in their closet (I have a... few.. Might as well help WoW out and get them out to the world... they're pretty cool polo's, quality brand.. (Orvis I think last year)

Well.. we'll just keep talking about it.. mebbie some of the teams will see the thread and contact me about the "consignment" idea.. *that* would work. If I could find the space up in my probably 12x12, or so, loft office (new digs are pretty cool, lots bigger than my last place) for some way to keep stuff like that organized, it might work..

GEEZZ what a long email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yes a store whould be great.maybe you might make a aafo air race poster ever year , i know we have the photo talent to make really cool ones (if this idea makes it to i get the first years poster free??? lol ) i collect air race posters and i whould love to start a aafo poster collection. that might get some income for the bissness.i think its safe to say you have 600 + members and most will support / help you get this going.ill be there.get well soon (say your prayers for me to get to nellis)
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
              Yes a store whould be great.maybe you might make a aafo air race poster ever year <snip> (say your prayers for me to get to nellis)
              It'd have to be an aafo.com/pylon1.com poster, probably not able to say "air racing" on it so that we did not infringe on RARA's rights to the term as it pertains to posters, since posters always have been their forte..

All of the suggestions are good, costs to do them will be the deciding factor.. If I could run out to, say Walmart, and get half a dozen posters printed for a decent individual price, then yep, we could do it. If I had to, say, print 100 or more.. NO WAY!

I'm not a big financial risk taker and it's a good thing, cause I don't have the $$ to take em anyway!!!

All good ideas, keep em rollin in!

*groan* I've got a BUNCH of Rare Bear prints that I made up to sell at their Reno table/store last year... I think we sold a total of 8 or so..

Those buggers, at a steeply reduced price (would barely cover print and shipping cost if I sold em for $10. which I hope to try to do at Nellis with a 50:50 split with the Bear) Anyway..

Those would prolly be the first thing I'd put in there! "Liquidation Sale"

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It'd have to be an aafo.com/pylon1.com poster, probably not able to say "air racing" on it

I think you might be OK, as long as "Reno" doesn't appear anywhere....I don't believe the RARA has a blanket copyright over such a generic phrase.

That would be similar to the "The Apprentice" show featuring Donald Trump trying to copyright "You're Fired!". I don't think they were successful in that circumstance either, though I don't know if that case was concluded yet or not.

Comment

Working...
                X