No announcement yet.

WHO OWNS AN L-39 OUT OF HOLLISTER????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHO OWNS AN L-39 OUT OF HOLLISTER????

I'm sure if there were some news, one of the AAFO members would have posted it by now. I see nothing fresh posted at the Seattle times and Seattle post websites. Every related article I locate using web searches is dated tuesday or wednesday.

This doesn't look good. You'd think if they landed safely in an open field that there would have been some news by now....

Fingers crossed and prayers spoken here that all comes out well......My condolences to family members who no doubt are extremely worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystical Power
      Any news on Rocky and N39TJ???
      Still nothing as of late Saturday, DAMN cold seats, but they SHOULD have had good chutes. Let's hope they had time, and are huddled in the trees, next to the wreck, waiting for help. Hear the weathers been limiting visibility, as Patton asked for, a little "sunshine" prayer, is in order....

Comment

One would think that there would be an ELT or something. I was under the impression that a beacon on 121.5 would set off the SARSAT the same way a beacon on 243.0 does...

I guess this begs the question...with cold ejection seats, were they wearing chutes at all? If they were, did the chutes have any survival gear built into them? How about a beacon?

Comment

Hi Randy;
          By the regs there should have been an ELT on board. The adv. for the plane stated that it had American Parachutes. Most civilian parachutes do not have survival equipment in them. I wonder where the radar track put them.
          Tom

Comment

Curious that those parachutes don't have their own ELTs. If I bailed out of a jet, I'd want them to be able to locate *me*, not the wreckage of the airplane.

Since apparently their ATC transmissions indicated they were having some kind of flight control issue, one would hope that they'd have enough time to pop the lids and get out of the airplane. Of course, if they went into some uncontrollable condition it would be tough to manually bail out, depending on the Gs encountered.

I always brief in the T-38 that in the event of a seat failure to eject, I'm going to trim full nose-down, unstrap, pop the canopy, roll inverted, then let go of the stick, hoping the pitch over will push me out of the seat. That wouldn't work unless I had some measure of control of the airplane, though...

Hoping for the best but, by this time, expecting the worst.

Comment

ACCESS WASHINGTON, AS OF 10/23, RELEASED: SEARCH IS ON GOING, THEY DID PROVIDE AN ID ON THE PASSENGER: SCOTT SMITH, (NO MENTION OF WERE HE'S FROM), AND (ROCKY STEWART) AS THE PILOT.

for those of you who haven't flown searches, aircraft, especially those that have impacted, can be incredibly hard to find. I flew an insurance guy out to a crash sight once, that I knew EXACTLY were it was, and it still took three passes, to find it.
              ...here's wishing the best for everybody, our hearts go out to Patty, the
              ...not knowing, is the worst....

Comment

And they never did find the airplane in Alaska that disappeared with a senator and other VIP's on board in the early 1970's and they never found the Whittington F9F that disappeared in 1991.

John

Comment

Oct 25: Search called off

Comment

The word is they have called off the search!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      The word is they have called off the search!
                      Just got off the phone with Dave, they've reanalyzed the radar track, and it's NOT very promisinig. I'll leave the details out, for know. There's snow on the ground, and the white airplane, would be well camoflaged. They're bringing in an expert in radar tracking, (worked on the shuttle break-up), they think they can narrow the box down, for a recovery.
                      ......our thoughts and prayers, go out to the families............Paul

Comment

Rocky Stewart from Hollister and Scott Smith from San Francisco... http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._plane24m.html

Comment

Working...
                        X