Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out www.skipholm.com

Originally posted by Bear Wrench
    Check out the missions about vietnam on his website. Holy crap!! "Bouncing" F105's off the water!!

Stacy
    Yeah that was something and he wasn't the only one.

Reminds me of a story from USSR when one early test pilot flew Mig-21.....afterburner was stuck to 100% thrust and he wanted to save the plane....bellylanding it with full afterburner....half of his scull is now metalplate !

rgds,

Juke
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      Skip did some testing of the Bear in the mid-1990's, and if I remember, was actually named 'back-up' pilot for John Penney during that time when Lyle's pilot's license was 'in limbo' and when RARA threatened to ban John Penney for his 'choice of words', or something like that.

Skip never raced the Bear, though. That is a pretty elite group of people there....
      Actually Skip never did any "flight testing" and wasn't the back-up pilot for John. John says that with Skip being the calibur of pilot he is, he doesn't remember Skip ever flying "backup" to anyone. Skip flew the "beast" to/from and in the Miramar and Paso Robles air shows in 1994/1995...Miramar due to a scheduling conflict and Paso Robles because John was not available since he had planned a birthday weekend celebration for me that occurred on the same date.

As to the "threatened ban", it was a misunderstanding propogated by an out of control journalist that didn't occur until after the 1997 races.

Stephanie Penney

Comment

Hey cutie, what are you doing?

Stacy

Comment

Okay, I wasn't going to start another "love fest" as Wayne calls it, but just could not help it... Stacy, you just made my morning! Thanks!! Are you going to be at Nellis?

Stephanie

Comment

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Stehpanie, hope you and John are doing good. I'm going to be passing on Nellis this year, I'm heading down to Aruba that week! First real vacation I've taken in a while. Hope you guys have fun, it should be a good one this year!

Stacy

QUOTE="Bear" Driver]Okay, I wasn't going to start another "love fest" as Wayne calls it, but just could not help it... Stacy, you just made my morning! Thanks!! Are you going to be at Nellis?

Stephanie[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
              X