Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nellis?

Originally posted by Kevin L
    No ruffled feathers at all Wayne. Just a "tongue in cheek" remark on my part.
    Ahh Kewl Kevin! I really did sort of come off snotty in the post after re-reading it but you hit the nail on the head with the rest of your response in the message above...

I'm in the don't know, don't tell mode, always... even when I actually do hear something about that sort of detail.. I'd get skinned if I ever printed it, or it became known that I repeated anything that I *might* hear.. but again, I have no idea on this one and am quite happy to stay that way!!

I do know, it's really REALLY tough to fund an airshow on an Air Force base, because there is no gate! All funding has to come from "donations" or by sponsors and we all know how hard it is to get that precious commodity!!

It really is too bad the Feds won't allow the AF to charge a "token" like $5.00 to fund the acts that do show at government air shows.. but nope.. they are free to the public and originally were all just "open house" sort of deals with maybe some flyby demo's by AF planes. Military shows, especially the Nellis Air Show, have evolved into HUGE deals, all set up in little more than two days prior to practice day (friday) up till then, the base is totally active and you are only allowed in the areas that you are allowed and ya'all better not stray where yer not supposed to go!!

Anyway.. hope to see EVERYONE down there, I know one of us on this board (Eric, hope you don't mind me mentioning that) got deployed and will not be able to make it... I'm sure all of us will be praying for his safe return while we enjoy the fruits of his and all the American Military personell's labors!!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      then, the base is totally active and you are only allowed in the areas that you are allowed and ya'all better not stray where yer not supposed to go!!
      Wayne,
      I think I know what you're talking about..ooops...might start a whole new conversation, eh? In any case, we all need to rest up for the work down there. Hope the weather is better this year. I don't know Eric, but, ofcourse, thoughts and prayers are with him and all military. Please thank a vet when you see one.
      Connie

Comment

No problem Wayne. It will suck being gone not only for Nellis, which looks like will be a kick arse show, but being gone for all 3 upcoming holidays away from the Family. I just recently returned from a 1 Yr. Korea stint away from the family so its a bit hard on the wife which I totally understand. One good thing I will have is a internet connection which not alot of people serving over there have. I will checking on this site as much as possible and I be damned if I miss Reno next year!!! Thanks again Wayne for the support!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
          Thanks again Wayne for the support!
          Hey Eric, it's you guys who deserve the thanks!

We'll see ya at Reno next year, I'm not planning on missing it either!!!!!!!!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Nellis?/win95

Wayner,

.......do ya think brass plating my wind-up key would help?

.....no need for you to do the flaming hoop jumps....
            ....just be as ya are.....this thing will self destruct in XXsec anyhow....

.......had more/any food lately?....

Hope you are doin' better!

Thanks for bring me (all of us) relief from our dark corners....
            (want some Frances or Jeane firewood?...kindling from a roof ?....)
            Mayday51
            Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
            X