Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Any way to tell if www.Rarebear.com got more hits than normal after the program?

Don Hatten
    Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Re: From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Originally posted by hattend
      Any way to tell if www.Rarebear.com got more hits than normal after the program?

Don Hatten
      Rare Bear Fan Sponsor
      It did Don, I wrote that in a few posts back, it was over twice as much as normal, and the web store had a burst of purchases, as well as some fan sponsorships were bought... all, just after the show aired.

It did a lot of good and probably made some new fans.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
        I'm glad to see that Brad got his e-mail on the show.
        I also think that Dave needs a Rare Bear model on his desk. Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin
        Hey, Kevin, you took the two thoughts I had in my head at the same time right out and now my head is empty again. Despain REALLY REALLY needs to have a model of Rare Bear front and center. It could generate more questions from other viewers maybe? I'd pitch in 5 bucks towards the purchase.
        Bill
        aka: Air Race Addict
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Or how about you guys chip in some $$ to BRAD to have him MAKE a model of the Bear, and Brad 'donates' it on behalf of Bear fans everywhere?

Bill...I KNOW that you know how good THAT would turn out!

Comment

hey! HEY!!! i was gonna do that, lol. i was debating on the '85, '94 or '04 bear. one model for the crew, one for john, i like it
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              Or how about you guys chip in some $$ to BRAD to have him MAKE a model of the Bear, and Brad 'donates' it on behalf of Bear fans everywhere?

Bill...I KNOW that you know how good THAT would turn out!

I wholeheartedly agree with that idea Brad. Maybe Mark, or Wayne could conjur up some of the pics of your models that were on, I thought, a P1 message thread and showcase your extraordinary talent in model making .
              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I'm all for the model thing... what kind of $$ would we be needing to raise to make it happen? I've not yet seen any of Brad's models but I've heard enough to know that they are pretty remarkable..

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  I'm all for the model thing... what kind of $$ would we be needing to raise to make it happen? I've not yet seen any of Brad's models but I've heard enough to know that they are pretty remarkable..

Wayne

I'll tell you what. If everyone is seriously interested in doing something like this, I'll accept 'donations'. I don't know how much it would cost. I have a partially built kit, with the last of my resin 'Bear Mod' parts that I made several years ago. (Scotty G. bought the molds from me), so mostly it would be for time and 'finishing costs'.

But I'll do this all one better. Lets say that we have a donation 'kitty'...and that I do the model and give it to Despain. And ANY/ALL of the money left over from the costs, I donate to the Rare Bear Fan Sponsorship deal in the name of "AAFO.COM Membership"?

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                    I'll tell you what. If everyone is seriously interested in doing something like this, I'll accept 'donations'. I don't know how much it would cost. I have a partially built kit, with the last of my resin 'Bear Mod' parts that I made several years ago. (Scotty G. bought the molds from me), so mostly it would be for time and 'finishing costs'.

But I'll do this all one better. Lets say that we have a donation 'kitty'...and that I do the model and give it to Despain. And ANY/ALL of the money left over from the costs, I donate to the Rare Bear Fan Sponsorship deal in the name of "AAFO.COM Membership"?

Just a thought.
                    Speed, that sounds good to me.. we'd have to figure a way to collect the donations. I don't think I could get in the middle of that because my "company" is set up as a "for profit" (I can not find a font big enough to say BIG LAUGH there!!!) corporation... if I take in any $$, I'd have to go to great lengths to prove that it was a "trust fund" sooooooo.... we'd have to send contro's direct to you I think... I'd pop for say, $5.00 or $10. on something like this... if we got say 50 or 100 of us here to do this.. might be a go?? (I've no idea of what kind of $$ it costs or your time is worth to make a model...

Other than seeing it on Dave's desk on the show, I'd love to see the crew get it.

I think John Penney said something pretty telling last night. It might have slipped by some of us... he mentioned that the week the crew had this year was the worst he can ever remember in his time with the airplane.

I suspect, it's highly likely, this crew had more problems and spent more time on the airplane than probably any crew ever has... well, maybe right up there with the top (remembering some airplanes that have been almost completely rebuilt in a few days prior to Reno) but it did speak volumes for this group.

I know them, perhaps better than any other crew I've ever met... I know/knew the MAII guys pretty well but never spent the amount of time with them that I have with the RB guys... there is something special about them. They live, eat, sleep, breathe and make love to the Bearcat. The wives are right there with the crewmen... The MAII team was much like this actually... It's amazing how seductive an airplane and the quest to get the gold can be.

Those guys earned that gold this year, fogged canopy or whatever the problem was on the leader, they flat earned that victory the hard way...

So anyway, I'd like to suggest or try to figure out a way to get a model to them somehow??

I've gotta run, will be away from computer for a few hours...

Laterz...

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm in! Just let me know how to help!

Comment

I've not seen the show yet but man do you guys really have me worked up about it. Eric, did you tape the show? If not there was someone else (forget your name right now) on here that said they got it on DVDR, i'll get it from them. Anyway, I'd be up for donating a little $ towards a model of RB for Dave and the crew as well as for the AAFO.com fansponsorship thing.
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

I sure did Stevo! I will get a hold of ya to you can see

Comment

Originally posted by "Bear" Driver
                            Thanks for the "zero points"....you are correct, however, I didn't specifically answer the question (live interview jitters).
                            No, JP, you kicked butt...I was trying to razz on my brother, that's all. Thanks for putting a great face on air racing for a national audience. Hope it benefits the Bear and air racing in general!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                              No, JP, you kicked butt...I was trying to razz on my brother, that's all. Thanks for putting a great face on air racing for a national audience. Hope it benefits the Bear and air racing in general!
                              Got it...Thanks! All of you guys are great supporters of the sport, and it's really heartwarming to see so many of you as fans of this brute, the "Bear". I promise you we'll do all we can to make next year's race even more exciting!

P.S. If I put in some more ambiguous posts....can I still run for public office??...

Comment

I would be overjoyed if you would become prime minister of Canada! Rachel

Comment

Working...
                                X