Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

I know this was discussed in a couple different threads but there are those who don't read the board.... If I put up another headline, it shows up automatically on the front page.. I upgraded my cable so's I could get this and I'm on my way to the store to get a blank tape so's I can tape it... have not used my VCR in some years so no guarantee I'll get it done.. Also, do not have a second machine to copy to... My VCR is an SVHS unit, if I record this in S mode, it'll only play on SVHS machines (very rare) but if I can find a way to copy it, it'll copy MUCH cleaner if I make the original in SVHS.... (it records almost as good as DVD)

Anyway... I'll buy an SVHS tape and do er there... greater chance that I'll be able to make good copies..

This ought to be good! IT is direct from the "Bear Cave"!!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Brad clearly forgout his "shout-out" to AAFO in his email question. Bravo for getting on the air...zero points awarded, however, because Penney didn't answer your question.

Comment

Re: From THe Bear Cave: John Penney Interview On Speed Channel Tonight 7:00PM Pacific

Excellent show! Dave even went over on time to get all the info in. Again that was a great show and John did a helluva job with the interview. I noticed in the footage that John almost followed Skip on the cut pylon then corrected his course awfully fast. This was great plug for Air Racing!

Comment

Boy, that hour went fast. The Bear looked great on the small screen, and John Penney came across in his interview like the champion he is. Terrific stuff, and I hope it brings a bunch of new motorsport fans to air racing. The Bear's crew looked great in the closing shot, too.

Full marks to everyone involved. Go Bear!
        SteveZ

Comment

That was a great show for airracing. I enjoyed every minute of it. John really let the uneducated know what this sport is all about.

Clay

P. S. I DVR-ed it If anyone wants a copy lemmee know.
          Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Great show! Wonder if we can get other class winners an enterview?

Comment

Great show It's good to see Air Racing get some recognition.
              I wish someone could have gotten a little pulg in for Nellis.

GO BEAR!

GO BLUE!
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Clay bro, you gonna hook a brother up with a copy? I got home too late to watch it. Please please please..... My cell is acting up on me so if you call you know why. I hate that I missed it..
                Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Just a thought... If everyone took the time to e-mail Speed TV and made their comments known, perhaps they would be willing to take some time and do more stories on the air races, pilots/planes during the year leading into future races in Reno. I thot Speed did an outstanding job tonite. Congratulations John Penney and Rare Bear crew. MG
                  MG

Comment

I'm glad to see that Brad got his e-mail on the show. I sent one asking whether or not the Bear would be at the Nellis Air Show and races (plug)

I also think that Dave needs a Rare Bear model on his desk. Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin

Comment

It was great!!!!

If only I would have know that they'd would have been live from the Bear Cave, we would have driven out to Stead to show our support!!!!

Great job by John and everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! When they said that they were live, I nearly jumped in the car and drove out there.

Lonnie

Comment

That really was good... I too encourage everyone to email SPEED and congratulate them on the great show...

Thinking back a few years, just before SPEED CHANNEL became that name, when it was called "SPEEDVISION" it aired the show that World of Wings shot at Reno 2000 that your's truly "co-hosted" from atop the Miss America trailer and down in the pits one morning after getting zip sleep (if anyone has ever seen that show, you'll note the one scene where I am in the pits, my eyes are just about swollen shut.. I was supposed to be all done and they called me in for some more "in's and out's")

They have shown interest in the sport before, it would be wonderful to get them interested again. It takes a boatload of cameras and a ton of people to really do the races justice. And, RARA demands a lot of $$ up front, from what I understand, to do show's there... I'm not sure the commercial content is there (meaning sponsors who would buy in) that would cover Reno coverage..

Would that they would though! It would be a REALLY tough show to do live, that REALLY takes a lot of people and cameras (read, lots of production costs) but it could be done nicely as a special...

*sigh* dreaming again and rolling off topic...

CONGRATULATIONS TO RARE BEAR AIR RACING, JOHN PENNEY AND CREW (at least those who were able to be there tonight)

It's going to be interesting to look at rarebear.com's web stats tomorrow. The server records all sorts of information and processes it every morning at 4:00AM and I then get a report of how many visits, what they looked at etc... it will be very very interesting to see if there is a spike in traffic from today..

Wayne Sagar
                        Rarebear.com webmaster,
                        trying to be unbiased journalist
                        but not so hard anymore,
                        cause everyone knows who
                        my favorite is...

PS to this tongue in cheek signature.. Since I did not make Reno this year, I'm totally at a loss for an archive of images to decorate the Rare Bear website with throughout the year.. if any of you guys who have been posting these really superior images want to grant permission to use, you would get your copyright and name plastered all over the rarebear.com site usually this would be for the life of the site... like forever..

So, if you have any special or ordinary images, I'll try to find one's that are already posted but I'll need an email granting permission to keep it legal... thanks in advance..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

John plugged RareBear.com so in a way AAFO did get plugged This place freakin rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
                            Clay bro, you gonna hook a brother up with a copy? I got home too late to watch it. Please please please..... My cell is acting up on me so if you call you know why. I hate that I missed it..
                            Quick, John: the Wind Tunnel repeat starts in five minutes (12:00am EDT).
                            SteveZ

Comment

If you missed tonights broadcast, Speedvision shows that they will be re-broadcast tonights Wind Tunnel with John Penney on Friday October 8th @ 9:00 am and again on Monday October 11th @ 9:00 am. (Times are Eastern Time) http://www.speedtv.com/programs/149/

GO BEAR!
                              Brent Clark

Comment

Working...
                              X