Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Furias

God Bless Wayne.
    Maybe I can be inspired to quit these gosh darn cigarettes...again.
    Confucious says, If you want to be happy for an hour, you get drunk.
    If you want to be happy for a day, you get married.
    If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, learn to fish.
    ...or in Waynes case, learn to fly!
    Best wishes Wayne.
    Hank

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u
      God Bless Wayne.
      Maybe I can be inspired to quit these gosh darn cigarettes...again.
      Confucious says, If you want to be happy for an hour, you get drunk.
      If you want to be happy for a day, you get married.
      If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, learn to fish.
      ...or in Waynes case, learn to fly!
      Best wishes Wayne.
      Hank
      Hank, I'd known about the lumps on my throat and my constant sore throat and I suppose that was part of my motivation to quit and I had quit for about a month before getting the bad news....

That said, using the gum, quitting this time was the easiest out of any of the three or four times in my life that I'd quit before. The gum is just plain nasty, gave me gas, sort of made me sick to my tum, a sip of a carbonated beverage would usually make me fine but, the effect of the gum was to make me feel like I'd just smoked a bunch and the last thing I wanted was another.. It worked!

I really should find the money, somehow, to at least take some lessons. I'm really close now to an old grass strip called "Evergreen Airport" in Vancouver, WA. Learning to fly there in a taildragger, and I think there is a guy who teaches in one, would probably be a really good experience. It is surrounded by houses and industry now though, right up to all boundrys on every side (why they moved the annual fly in that was there out to McMinnville airport). So a screwup close to the field would not be a good thing...

Right now, and for the near future, I know I can't even think about it. Every time I get enough room to do something like fly, I wind up needing some sort of new hardware... be it a new camera, lens or, I really need a new laptop now... why? Becase my new camera shoots such large files that it's hard for the lappy to keep up... (do we sense a circle of cause and effect here? )

For your sake and your family, quit! Do it now, or at least watch out for a chronic sore throat, and or any swelling in the nodes just on the outside of your throat on either side... It will usually start in the tongue with no real symptoms, spread to the tonsils (sore throat) and then on out to the nodes... I'm lucky, this type of cancer does not tend to rapidly spread to other nodes once there, as some others do, or I'd be a goner... (may yet tho... I'll be on the bubble for years to come)

Once you do quit, particularly once you have something like I do, you just kick yourself for how not worth it it was... Really, the little pleasure you derive from that smoke is such a small part of your life, once you stop, you will really appreciate life much more.. you will smell better, you will actually handle stress better.

Sorry if I sound like one of these "born again non-smokers" but that's what I am and will be. I will preach the evil of smoking for the rest of my life, however long that may be! If I can save one person the pain that I've caused myself and those close to me... yes, it affects them also, then I will have accomplished something and maybe.... I'll deserve to live a lot longer..

Man did we hijack this thread!!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Man did we hijack this thread!!

Wayne

I'm crushed.

Comment

Wayne-

Thanks for not deleting the post- I think one of the "purposes" of your life may simply to relate your story to thousands across the net. Helping to change just one person's attitude and lifestyle or causing them to even consider the power of faith and prayer is a grand purpose (considering the priceless value of just one human life/soul). I'll email you with anything further on this topic- my apologies for being one of the thread hijackers!

Comment

Re: Hair-today.....

Weeellllllll... I'm being "positive" the docs wont commit to a "yes, it will come back" I just get... "you might get lucky" type answers... but the one area that would really be nasty, the back of my neck bowl cut look, I'm really hoping *will* come back.
            Wayne-(MORE THREAD-JACKING)

If it doesn't come back, I'd pass on the "Mo" look, and go with "Kojack" instead, much better then the 50 year old hippie-with-pony-tail, look, and definately no do-rags. (VERY TIRED). Maybe Randy could score a helmet....

Beauty is only scalp-deep, we appreciate you for whats UNDER the scalp.

Positive waves, Moriarity.................................Paul

Comment

Originally posted by drmull
              Wayne-

Thanks for not deleting the post- I think one of the "purposes" of your life may simply to relate your story to thousands across the net. Helping to change just one person's attitude and lifestyle or causing them to even consider the power of faith and prayer is a grand purpose (considering the priceless value of just one human life/soul). I'll email you with anything further on this topic- my apologies for being one of the thread hijackers!
              Hey, no apology necessary! I've been "hijacking" threads right and left because I'm getting good news from the docs and I'm feeling so much better. I'd convinced myself that I was not long for this world and it was pretty darn depressing.. Now I feel absolutely reborn! I'm even headed down to Nellis a week early to help out, just as I did last year. I will have to take it one step at a time but the docors said.. "if you feel ok, do it" so I'm doing it!

Life is good! Very Very good!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Hair-today.....

Originally posted by Apteryx
                If it doesn't come back, I'd pass on the "Mo" look, and go with "Kojack" instead, much better then the 50 year old hippie-with-pony-tail, look, and definately no do-rags. (VERY TIRED). Maybe Randy could score a helmet....

Beauty is only scalp-deep, we appreciate you for whats UNDER the scalp.

Positive waves, Moriarity.................................Paul
                LOL... well I'm not really sure what I'll do if it doesn't come back in the rear.. maybe hair transplants ? I've got a great head of hair and will probably have it till I die, but that area back there... it'd be pretty funny. I think it is going to grow back though.. no.. I KNOW it's going to grow back because I'm going to damn well will it back! I can do this! POSITIVE ENERGY is the key, I've just got to believe it will return and it will..

I will be back to normal, I'll feel better than I have in years because the cancer was gradually sapping my energy and I did not know it. I thought I was just getting old and jaded. My energy for this website, going to airshows.. all of it had really gone in the toilet. I just figured well.... guess maybe yer gettin too old to care much. It was my body, using all available energy to fight the disease! Now that I'm going to be cured, I WILL have more energy and can be as obnoxious as I used to be.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

I do love each and every one of you guys for your support and faith and the fact that you all have made this website one of the top aviation websites in the world! Without you guys visiting, there would not be much motivation to do a lot... the numbers are impressive, very impressive.. They improved when Mark K. and I merged the web addresses of pylon1.com to resolve to this address. When he and I finally get a method working so that his huge talent and energy can be freely added to the site, it's going to get even better... Actually what two of us can do brings chills to my skin! Mark is an extremely talented man and has far greater stamina for sitting at the "tube" than I do.. I'm a fairly good ... "wheeler dealer" and actually like doing that a fair amount... (Mark's no slouch in that area either!)

Mark and I worked together very well when we first started out this site years ago, it's going to be fantastic to see what we come up with once I get over my committments to the Nellis show and get some free time this winter...

There will be a lot more features, more stories, LOTS more photos.... probably a web store with "goodies" for sale in it...

Oh well... I'm letting the cat out of the bag a little and the kitty has to stay in the sack for now..

Just hang on, it's gonna be a fun year!!!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  I'm crushed.
                  LOL... love ya buddy! Mebbie I should use the "split thread" option in my admin tools and split all this off into another "waaaaa wayne's got the BIG "C" threads"...

From not gonna say a thing about it, to coming out of the closet to just plain beating the horse to death, I'd have to say... two months ago, I sure did not think I'd ever openly discuss this but.. it has come to me that my "greater cause" in life is likely related to some sort of anti-tobacco project of some sort. It is so crazy when you think about it. We willingly spend HUGE sums of money to try to slowly kill ourselves for something that really, truly, is NOT enjoyable. We convince ourselves that it is but it's really not.

Anyway Speedster... It's great to be back, lemme tell ya... I'm not "there" totally physically but my brain sure is racing.... it's waaaay ahead of my body but one will lead the other. The better I feel upstairs, the quicker my body will catch up. There has to be a reason that this is happening so fast according to the doctors.. I'm not a kid, my body is not in that great of shape and I don't have a history of healing any faster than the next guy... why now?

Whoo Hooo! The sun is out and I'm alive and kickin and feeling good!

Off to do my client work... God bless them too! I lost a couple out of this, can't blame them.. but I kept my very loyal best guys and hope to gain some more... and also have a couple of pretty fun projects that are web based but not connected to this site that will be fun... more on that later..

The ladies will like this project really well!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Glad to hear your doing so much better! There's nothing like a medical "Heads up" to get your attention and help put things into perspective. Look forward to seeing you out on the ramp sometime in the future!

Stacy

Comment

Wayne Sagar,

You are doing an outstanding job with this site.

I am with you 100 %. I am sick..and need surgery..and I am scared, more than ever before in my life. They are going to operate my back next week. I just hope everything would go fine and no complications nor so called hospital bacteria ( mrsa ) would hit the scar or tissue.

I just had an uncle done 4 bypasses and no he's got a tumor ( removed ). He is smoker too and flown thousands of hours with a sailplane and both his grandsons fly too. My old man also smoked all his life and he is not 100% healthy, but yet unable to quit smoking. I can underline your statement cigarrette smoking is dangerous and addictive. My daddy spanked ( or did he can't remember 100 % ) me and a neighbours kid when he ( they ) found us smoking a huge stack of cigarettes in a hideout. I was 6-7 years old and never smoked since.

Let the force be with you Wayne or Great Spirit or God as we christians know him. Little miracles do happen every day. Healing is a word I love.

All the best !

regards,

Juke T
                      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Wrench
                        Wayne,

Glad to hear your doing so much better! There's nothing like a medical "Heads up" to get your attention and help put things into perspective. Look forward to seeing you out on the ramp sometime in the future!

Stacy
                        Stacy! Good to hear from you... you know, you provided my high point for race week... when I caught you in the car headed to SFO on your way back to chi kago and congratulated you and you said something like.. "yea, another second place, not quite what we'd like but hey, after that week, we'll take it" and I then told you about the cut...

Your reaction was PRICELESS!!!!!

On the health front.. you take care also my friend OK!??

Wayne

Juke: Thanks for the kind words, wise man your dad for spanking you for smoking! Good that the dicipline worked! You'll do fine in the hospital, we'll all be pulling for you!!

Get well soon!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

wise man your dad for spanking you
                          Okay, isn't that one of those 'in the truck' kind of things?

Comment

I keep telling you Wayne.... Bald Dudes Rock!

Bill
                            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Quote: Wayne
                              "I really should find the money, somehow, to at least take some lessons. I'm really close now to an old grass strip called "Evergreen Airport" in Vancouver, WA. Learning to fly there in a taildragger".

I'm in for $20.00

Really, but first let me sugguest you find a good glider & stick.
                              NO camera's, no engine noise, no "gear", just you, the bang of the release, the rush of the wind, the smell of the pines and the ocean, the blue of the sky, the tapestry of the land, a couple of cummulous to punch holes in....
                              EXPERIENCE IT, (for yourself), it will cleanse your soul.

For many of us, this IS our religion, we feel closer to God, flying then between any man-made walls.

For all of us with "dark" moments, just look at a child, life at its simplest. They fall, get hurt, cry, then moments later they're laughing, poking, proding, moving-on, they don't contiplate the fragility of life, they LIVE it.
                              .................................................. ...Paul

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                                Okay, isn't that one of those 'in the truck' kind of things?
                                Hummn... dunno, my daddy never hit us and look how I turned out!!

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                                I keep telling you Wayne.... Bald Dudes Rock!
                                No Bill... YOU ROCK as a bald dood ... besides, I've got *most* of my hair, it's just that "bowl cut" look in the back that's gonna be a biotch once it all grows out... seriously tho.. there are whisksers on that skinny piece of neck back there.. I'm gonna get some rogain or sometin an start workin it!!! ;-)

Originally posted by Apteryx
                                Really, but first let me sugguest you find a good glider & stick
                                I've heard this before, start with soaring first, then go power.. Problem is, there is NO WAY anyone's gonna be soaring out of Evergreen! At one time, it was way out in the boonies and might have been OK for that, not now! Nearest soaring field that I know of is probably McMinnville, a pretty far jaunt for me. Interestingly enough, at one time, I was talking with the lady that runs the flight school out there, she was wanting to trade some glider time for a website.. we never got past the talking about it stage...

If it's meant to be, Wayne learning to fly will happen someday. One problem is, I KNOW how serious it is, I do NOT want to "dabble" at flying should I ever be fortunate enough to learn, I'd want to really dig in and learn it good and proper!

Mebbie someday... If it's really truly important enough to me, I'll find a way, otherwise, I guess I really did not want it that much after all...

I sure like riding with good pilots, love getting stick time!!! Been told I do fine when I do get my mitts on the "wheel"

Wayner
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X