oops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: oops

You guys are killin' me! I can't find any good musicians to hang out with in Sacramento. Well, good musicians, but they've all got problems. You guys are my buds, but live in different states! We need to be devious and take over the Warlock party band, at least for one or two songs! Wayne and Matt and play double bass, ala Spinal tap. Gary on drums, I play guitar, Randy Goss on vocals! (Well, he was drunk, but still, he told me he could sing!) Wayne, you warm up your pre-CBS, and I'll warm up my '57 Black Beauty Les Paul, and we'll show 'em how it's done, old school!

This was quite a few years ago, but I'm the long haired geek on the far right.

Race 29
    Attached Files
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Well, I'm not thrilled with Maytan but, they had a SCREAMING deal on those Premier sets. They were sold as 'demo' sets. Maytan supplied the Reno Jazz Festival with a buttload of them and so they were like buying from a scatch & dent sale. They looked like they were only played once or twice and were at a nice discount.

I've played Pearls and Paistes and love them both.

Sounds like there's a lot of talented guys posting here! I wanted to go to the Warlock party this year and beg to sit in........after fully lubricating(read: BRIBE with alcohol!)the crew/band. Maybe next year......Keep me in mind, guys!

Race 29, I bet you were thrilled to meet those guys. I recognize about half of them. It's real tough finding good musicians to play with because if they're REAL good, they are already playing with someone or they got drug and ego problems!

Wayne, you got a classic! Glad to hear you've been getting better, too!

So, if anyone needs to know how to edit and post pix(to continue the thread!)or wants to rock & roll, I'm your man!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Osif
        Well, I'm not thrilled with Maytan but
        You talkin "Maytan Music" in Reno? I knew one of the sons of the family, waaaaaay back when I lived down there... is there a Dave Maytan still withthe store? He'd be mid 50's or maybe a *bit* older...

Wow.... you guys are really starting to dredge up memories! I forget pretty much that I spent the time from 1st grade to 17 years old living there in Reno and Sparks...

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I don't recall meeting Dave but, I wouldn't doubt he's still around. Maytan even has a new store in Carson City. They were in an old place closer to town and are now on the North end by Roop & Hot Springs.

Pick up that old axe and get those digits loosened up!

Gary

Comment

Race Two Niner, It couldn't have been _THAT_ many years ago. Quite a few years ago would have been with Dave instead of Sammy. I like the other guitar player in the middle, was he in your band ??
            TomL

Comment

Tom,
              Damn, I WISH!! I can't remember exactly what year, but it was the last show of the 5150 tour (late 80's I think). That picture was taken at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, My band was supposed to open up for them on the next tour. Both of our albums were gearing up to be recorded at the time. As history has shown, painfully, I'm still wearing the big "L" on my forehead!! My album never got recorded thanks to greedy lawyers that I stupidly held faith in. BUT, That night I got to play guitar with Eddie Van Halen, Sing and hang out with Sammy Hagar, and give something to the guys in my band, that held their faith in my song writing. We all got to hang out with Van Halen. How many can say that? I know it's stupid, but it's all I've got to hang on too! I'm taking it as......God had a plan for me, and that was to play the Warlock party with my friends in 2005!

Race 29

Comment

what have i gotten myself into? lol
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Matt,
                  A whole lot of fun, and a hell of a good time!!

race 29

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Geez you guys are bringing back memories.. Taking up space in my "office" is my old Fender Dual Showman with a pair of the Bass JBL's in it.. sittin in my closet under lock and key is my old pre CBS Fender Jazz bass that I wore the finish off the back of the neck and ground the crap out of the finish on the back of the body with my belt buckle....

A long long time ago, in a place far far away.... actually.. funny, a lot of it was right there in Reno. Not sure the places we used to play are even standing anymore.. (would have been bout '66 thru '69-'70 or so... )

I have not played in so many years that it hurts to think how BAD I would suck but, every year at the Warlock party.................. gotta admit, the thought does cross my mind.

Wayne
                    You got about a year, to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE....

Comment

Working...
                    X