X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question

on the results for the gold unlimiteds)
    it
    gives time for the races on 7 laps compleated.they all finished (that i remeber) did some one not compleate all the laps? did some one get lazy for the slower planes and just record only 7 laps? this is some thing ive wanted to know (was afriad to ask)

www.renosection3.com

Re: a question

Dear Section 3 Guy,
    Do NOT EVER be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of experts on this site, (and a lot of not so much experts) that know the answers to many questions asked here. Everyone was new at one time or another. You will get mostly straight answers that will actually answer questions that other people had but were afraid to ask because they didn't want to appear ignorant. I have learned a lot just from listening, (lurking) here and on Pylon 1, (RIP), and asking questions myself. And I have been going to the air races since 1974! So, don't be intimidated by the vast resources available here. Rather take advantage of them. The more you know, the easier it is to tell other people about the sport. Right?
    Sincerely,
    Bill Clark aka: Air Race Addict

Oh yeah, by the way, in answer to your question, Dan Martin was lapped by most of the field, (I haven't looked at the results to see if anyone else was), but that accounts for the lessor # of laps completed. If you think of it like auto racing, if you get lapped, when the winner finishes, the race is over. Make sense? Works the same way with Air Racing.
    Last edited by Air Race Addict; 09-28-2004, 07:59 AM.
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

thanks bill that makes sense i totally forgot they were the lapped planes.i guess i was too bizzy yelling and screaming for the bear and dego
      bill when is an new favorite photo coming out?i know you have some good pics from this year
      www.renosection3.com

Comment

Patience Grasshoppa. Updates to airraceaddict.com will be forthcoming as soon as I can. As everyone hopefully realizes, time is a very fleeting commodity at my house. I will have some things up soon. Hopefully I'll have my photos back from the lab soon as well. I haven't been able to go digital yet. So it takes the lab a little while and my fundage a little while to come together at the same time. Thanks for asking and maybe this will give me the kick in the butt I need to get going.

Comment

i feel your pain with the time and funds i keep checking you site till i see some thing new (think of all the extra web hits)
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Bill!!!! Remeber me? I was with my dad and girlfriend this year. I took them to the valley and strolled down the fenceline looking for the addict banner but never found it. I was looking forward to seeing and spending time at the basecamp this year... Anyway, I also have a question.. Dago got a 16 second penalty... I didn't think Mike Brown was 16 seconds behind the two.. In my way of thinking, Dago should have been in at least third place. I also just have to say that I enjoyed the WHOLE experience this year as always.. I just love Neveda!!!
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
              I have learned a lot just from listening, (lurking) here and on Pylon 1, (RIP)
              Actually Bill, Pylon1.com is not really dead. Mark K. still has all the content and he plans on doing something with it at some point it's all part of the history and should not be lost.... We've talked a great deal about what "we" will do with it, because, likely, we'll "marry" the two site's content here.... BIG job for both of us and both of us have a lot of committments right now and for the near future but, rest assured, here or wherevere, Pylon1 is NOT dead.... I personally can't wait to get Mark's stuff back up, it's just gonna be a while....

Feeling a little bit better today, thankyou,
              Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
                Dago got a 16 second penalty... I didn't think Mike Brown was 16 seconds behind the two..

No, he was quite a ways back by the end of the race. At least half the course.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  No, he was quite a ways back by the end of the race. At least half the course.
                  Adds an interesting twist to the thought of "what if they reported cuts immediately"... Might Skip have pushed it up a bit, and also, might Mike Brown have also done same.....

Might have been an entirely different outcome.

But ahh... I like the outcome so... let's keep it the same

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Actually Bill, Pylon1.com is not really dead. I personally can't wait to get Mark's stuff back up, it's just gonna be a while....
                    HERE, HERE! Yeah Wayne, I know P1 isn't really "dead", just in hibernation.
                    I was actually attempting to note the relationship between P1 and Mark's work, and your own, and that we as a community of enthusiasts are happy/lucky to have such a place as this to discuss the various issues at hand, in a for-the-most-part non-hostile environment, as well as a place to share views and photos. And, my other point is, if one pays attention and just listens, there is so much that a person can learn. I think it was Hap Arnold that said "I never learned anything by talking". It's true. I guess what I wrote was an incomplete thought, something my writing teachers used to knock me around for, HAH! So I do my best to prove them wrong when I write little stories to go with my pictures on ARA.com, or elsewhere. (I guess I still have issues with run together sentences though, heh, heh).

Feeling a little bit better today, thankyou,
                    I am glad you are feeling better Wayne. Having not physically been through what you are going through, but watching my sister go through it, (and yes she is a survivor), I do understand, and every time you feel better is a victory. So, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers and maybe, if you are lucky , we will meet next year. Come on out to the ARA basecamp for an afternoon. We'll make you feel good. Just ask Brad or Randy, or anyone else who's dropped by.
                    Most Sincerely,
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
                      Just ask Brad or Randy, or anyone else who's dropped by.
                      Most Sincerely,
                      Bill[/B]
                      I ain't sayin' NUTHIN! Especially since it was VERY noticeable that there were NO Lufthansa Flight Attendants out there this year.

What kind of a rinky-dink operation are you running here, anyhow, Clark?

Comment

I ain't sayin' NUTHIN! Especially since it was VERY noticeable that there were NO Lufthansa Flight Attendants out there this year.
                        Hummn..... Now Speeeeed.....

Hey, you "ain't" by any chance gonna try to make it down to Nellis are you??

Should be a ton of fun..

I tried to get Cobra to come but bossman won't even let him think about time off... (bummer!)

Anyway... NO FA's for Speed! (or me.... did I send ya the pic of BeerNazi?? I sure did everyone else... whether they wanted it or not!)

beginnin to feel better,
                        Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey, you "ain't" by any chance gonna try to make it down to Nellis are you??
                          No, sorry. Mama wanted to go...but not to be out at Nellis! Maybe next year I can get my publisher to pay for some travel costs.

Glad you're feeling better.

Comment

No, sorry. Mama wanted to go...but not to be out at Nellis! Maybe next year I can get my publisher to pay for some travel costs.

Glad you're feeling better.
                            Kool thing about Nellis is... Mama can stay in town and you can go out and play at the show..

BeerNazi's good for about three quarters of a day there and the next, she wants to lay by the pool or whatever women do in Vegas when their men are doing whatever they do, while their women do what they do...

Understand on the Bux necessary to finance the trip in the first place! I'm probably the luckiest guy in the world, BN doesn't mind paying her own way, wherever we go and she'll even "buy in" during PRS (flies down on Friday, flies back with me on Sunday or Monday) just for the kicks!

Phew... I really am a lucky bar steward!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[QUOTE=RarebearFan77] Dago got a 16 second penalty... I didn't think Mike Brown was 16 seconds behind the two..

During the race Mike was following Skip’s line when on that famous lap he almost cut the pylon also. With him having engine problems he was just far enough back to bank hard right to get back on course. So he thought with the power he was running and trying to keep the vibrations down he was within the sixteen seconds, but when we got back to the pits after the race we heard that he missed second place by just over one second. We were talking about it after and he said that second cost fifty thousand dollars.
                              Jason
                              Jason Schillereff

Comment

Working...
                              X