Howard & Nelson win some more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard & Nelson win some more

Well me as a 'tex-fan' really likes Hoeard Pardue winning Heat 1C Medallion, and Nelson Ezell winning Heat 2 BC Silver [both are howard's planes]. You guys just keep on winning!! The only thing I guess I have to say now is ""come on stewart in the "Sprit of Texas"

Re: Howard & Nelson win some more

Howard was signing stuff too. Mary got her program signed and I got a Big Iron T-shirt signed by Howard. He sure is getting old, but man can he fly a Bearcat. God Bless Howard Pardue.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u
      Howard was signing stuff too. Mary got her program signed and I got a Big Iron T-shirt signed by Howard. He sure is getting old, but man can he fly a Bearcat. God Bless Howard Pardue.
      I'm dreading the day Howard decides to hang up his flight jacket. The Texas gang has always been fun to watch, with Lefty and Howard being two of the greatest characters in the business.

Was there one of the infamous graffiti murals in the Breckenridge Boys' pit this year?

Comment

Nelson Ezell has been flying Howard's Sea Fury [which is the faster plane] for a few years now. Maybe at least Howard might let Nelson fly the Fury for a while even after Howard hangs it up. But for now it's great to have both the Sea Fury and the Bearcat flying and rounding the pylons. I just know if this tex-fan ever does get to the Reno air races, I sure hope all the boys from Texas are still up and competing.

Comment

Me TOO tex-fan me too. Howard is very special to me. I dropped in one day at Breckenridge in like 1985 or 6 on the way home to FtWorth after working in Lubbock all week. I no sooner walk up and I see a Corsair take off, climb out, turn around and dive at me while I leaned against the 4 foot fence and then go off to sights unseen. As I walked to the hangar the B25 parked close by was very sharp looking. Inside were some beautiful aircraft, the Corsair was what I wanted to see and found. The Bearcat was there too. There was a pile of Corsair remains in the corner, obviously going to be a flying legend again. I wish I could find those pictures I took from the crummy camera I had at the time, they would mean so much. I always wanted to think it was Howard flying that Corsair that day.
          I got to Reno this year for the races, my once in a lifetime trip, it was good to see Howard, I got a signed t-shirt and his autograph in my program, thanks to Mary, my very cool GF.
          May the Big Iron of Breckenridge fly like the angels they are.
          God Bless Howard and the Angels of Breckenridge, TX.

My GF Mary says I get too emtional. I reckon I just love them old airplanes and a little competition racing them is almost like a good ole Texas High School football game on Friday night. It's all fun and we love it.

Comment

Working...
          X