FIRE FIGHTING PLANE DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRE FIGHTING PLANE DOWN

This has nothing to do with air racing, but I feel it needs to get out. At 3 pm today, a C130 broke into pieces and crashedwhile making a borate drop on the Cannon fire in Walker Ca.. All 3 crew members have died. Some incredible tv footage has caught the plane as it went down. Ironically, the news was supposed to be focused on that particular flight crew. It wasn't shown tonite. MY prayers and sympathy and thanks to those guys and as well as everyone who is involved in just doing their jobs. Mike Gallagher
    MG

Air Tanker Down

It may not be "air racing" but it's many of the same guys/gals who race or support it......... "warbirds" are a tight family whether working or playing.

Here's one link to the story.

Thoughts, prayers and sympathy to those who just lost a loved one. a good friend.

We can never say thanks enough to all those (home or abroad) who are flying dangerous missions for all of us.
    Pat

Comment

The pilot of the air tanker was a close personal friend to me and my family. My heart is with all family members of the crew of that aircraft... God bless and to all air tankers flying please be safe...

Comment

We would like everyone who reads these messages or sees this story on the news to take a minute to say thanks to these men who risk everything daily to protect our forests and homes.

They fight a war against one of nature's strongest forces..

There is no greater gift that anyone can give.

God bless all of them
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
          The pilot of the air tanker was a close personal friend to me and my family. My heart is with all family members of the crew of that aircraft... God bless and to all air tankers flying please be safe...
          What can you tell us about him?

Comment

I have only seen the footage of the crash about three times now. but the news crew from Reno that was there. was doing a story about the crew of that air craft. I t might be interesting to see the story (thoe I dont think it will air now).

My hat goes off to the people who fly thoes planes. They are just like test pilots. They know it is a dangerous job, but they do it any ways. Why? one might ask.......they will tell you because they LOVE it! It is a part of them. It is who they are.

They are the Hero's that help to protect our homes, our families, and our memories. If you dont beleave that.... just take a drive around a town that has been threatend by a wild fire. on every corner and on every pole, you will see signs of thanks, and of gratatude. Singing praise to the young men and women that put thier lives on the line to do a job that would scare the hell out of most people.

Blue skys for ever.

Wolfee

Comment

You're right on it Wolfee!

I've heard it said that they do it for the "big bucks" ..... ain't true. The crews of the airplanes do not make those "mythical" BB's.. there simply has to be something else and I think you've nailed it.

I don't know if the average person living in a metropolotin area ever thinks that much about what these people do. It is, plain and simple, a war that is waged day in and day out. Nothing short of actual warfare. The risks and dangers they face can have no other comparison.

Once again, I will say it and mean it with all my aching heart.

GOD BLESS THEM ALL!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X