H. Pardue's race 13 Sea Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H. Pardue's race 13 Sea Fury

I see Howards Bearcat, race 14, in the show, but no Sea Fury? I saw it there in some of the pictures you guys have posted. So I was just wondering where's the Fury?

Re: H. Pardue's race 13 Sea Fury

I watched it fly on Monday, it was taking off as I was leaving...

Comment

ya its there, and looks pretty fast!!!
      Tony

Comment

Found it. Nelson Ezell qualified it at 426.181.

Comment

What's making the "stocker" Sea Furies faster this year?
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

2003 qualifying shows Stewart Dawson's Srrit of Texas at 424.900 and this year at 435.1. 2003 shows Howard Pardue's Fury race 13 at 424.546 [it was actually Nelson Ezell in 2003 also] and this year at 426.2. So at least these two planes ane pretty close to the same speed 2003 and 2004. These 2 planes were both restored by Nelson Ezell at his shop with the 3350's, now how much high preformace stuff is in those 2 planes is no bodies bussiness but theirs, but I do know form seeing them around here at AAFO.com and air shows and such that they do fly them on a pretty nornal basis. I think it is pretty neat how they can get SO much speed out of what looks like very reliable aircraft. . I hope they do well, and that all of the racers and a very safe, and FUN week.

Comment

Howard was sooo nice, he signed my girlfriends program and I bought a Big Iron t-shirt and Howard signed it too!
              I am amazed at Howard because he has to be in his 60's, I'm 50, and drives that Bearcat like he's a kid. Just proof to me that there's no replacement for experience. Howard is sharp as a tack!
              A BIG Salute to Howard Pardue!
              Thanks Mr. Pardue

Comment

#13 Sea Fury piloted by Nelson Ezell won his race today. Congratulations Mr. Ezell!

Comment

Working...
                X