Rare-Bear not out of the running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare-Bear not out of the running

Word off the presses has Rare-Bear a victim of the dreaded radial engine master rod blues. Apparently after a fine qualification showing "2nd to Dago" Rare-Bears special super duper 3350 engine decided to give up the goods. The good news is there is apparently enough silver for a fine necklace or even a large belt buckle.

Re: Rare-Bear out of the running

If what is being said is true, I am truly bummed. Racing hasnt even started and we got things blowin up! I dont even know what else to say....

Comment

Man that is not good. I was sure hoping to see what she would do with the four blader installed.

Comment

?? smoke blanket Plan B??

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
        Word off the presses has Rare-Bear a victim of the dreaded radial engine master rod blues. Apparently after a fine qualification showing "2nd to Dago" Rare-Bears special super duper 3350 engine decided to give up the goods. The good news is there is apparently enough silver for a fine necklace or even a large belt buckle.
        Matt, we watching different smoke blanket messages?

My puff puff decoder has it as old debris dislodged with them (team) set for a series of increasing power ground runs with cuno check each time, if all holds to plan B, flight test would follow.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Matt,
          Your post reads like you're happy about this. Is there some bad blood between you and the Bear crew? I'm kinda surprised that anyone would be happy to see a racer out of the running.....unless you're behind him I guess.
          Sky Critter

Comment

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. Another example of how good the crew of years gone by really was.

That plane used to run....and run....and run.....

Im not knocking the current crew, just a fact that there was some real talent there before who could make it run without killing itself.

Dago will have similar problems when the good Doc' retires.

I hate to say it, but the fans really would rather see good, close racing between 5 teams at 460 on Sunday, than everybody blowing their stuff up at 485 on a Tuesday.

Maybe their should be a 460 speed limit with the exception of the last 3 laps of the Gold Final which are flat out........

People plan their whole year around Reno, when the fan favorite is out 5 days before the final, everyone loses.

Comment

Wayne,
              I hope your puff puff decoder was calibrated recently.....pleeeeese!
              Sky Critter

Comment

Re: ?? smoke blanket Plan B??

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                Matt, we watching different smoke blanket messages?

My puff puff decoder has it as old debris dislodged with them (team) set for a series of increasing power ground runs with cuno check each time, if all holds to plan B, flight test would follow.

Wayne
                I hope your right Wayne. I just read that someone said I sounded happy in my first quote. That certainly is not the case. My reference to the Silver is standard in the engine industry after a engine starts making metal. I certainly would prefer to have the Bear out there ripping around the course. The important part is the Bear is still the Bear and John Penny is safe on the ground.

Comment

Re: Rare-Bear not out of the running

Matt,
                  Sorry for the misunderstanding. My interpretation came from the the thumbs-up icon in your message, not the text. Again, my apologies...I'm just really bummed about the Bear, NXT and Pushy Cat.
                  Sky Critter

Comment

From what I understand, the reports of the Bear's early demise are greatly exagerated. Time will tell (The next 48 hours), but this cats pretty lucky and just may have a few more lives left. Could be she's just sharpening her claws for a particular mustang and sea fury.....I hear they make good scratching posts! lol
                    Go Bear!

Stacy Thomas

Comment

Re: ?? smoke blanket Plan B??

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
                      I hope your right Wayne. I just read that someone said I sounded happy in my first quote. That certainly is not the case. My reference to the Silver is standard in the engine industry after a engine starts making metal. I certainly would prefer to have the Bear out there ripping around the course. The important part is the Bear is still the Bear and John Penny is safe on the ground.
                      Matt, I think the thumbs icon for the message (post icon) was probably a choice sure to lead to someone thinking you were approving or "happy" about the "potential" situation...

Electronic boards ya'know... not too forgiving

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Are we THAT hyper-sensitive to think that anyone would be happy about the bear not making the show? Even one of the three pilots to ever fly her? Come on, people! I'm sure the Bear has a very talented crew and if anything can be done to get her in the air, they'll do it! Let's stay behind the team, instead of grasping at straws. We need to remember that anything can happen at anytime.

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

.....look out !....

.......3 & 4 "blade" swinging purses again!.......

....."will you boys behave ?!".......
                          Mayday51
                          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            From what I understand, the reports of the Bear's early demise are greatly exagerated. Time will tell (The next 48 hours), but this cats pretty lucky and just may have a few more lives left. Could be she's just sharpening her claws for a particular mustang and sea fury.....I hear they make good scratching posts! lol
                            Go Bear!

Stacy Thomas
                            I agree the Bear has been lucky in the past. I understand that the engine broke a piston skirt. This generally loads the engine and all its associated systems with alluminum and places stress on the master rod. If the master rod gets destressed it sheads its valuble silver which in this case it did from inside sources. They might clean the screens and ground run but if there was silver as indicated they are finished for this year. No exagerated story here.

Comment

I am sitting on top of one of the unlimited race trailer here in the pits at Reno. They are currently pulling the Bear out of hybernation for a series of ground runs and screen checks. Its apparent by the crews demenor that they have worked all night to get to this point. Hopefully if the screens are ok after their series of runs the Bear will be once again airborne today for a series of power checks. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope all is well with the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X