Transportation from NAS Fallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transportation from NAS Fallon

Let me know that you plan is Randy, ill be on line till 6:00 am tuesday morning, after that ill be available on my cell phone unless im in the aluminum tube.

Curt

Comment

All rightry then!

In true Air Force style, I showed up at work this morning with my bags packed...and they put our HUREVAC on hold!!

So...we'll see. Maybe I'll be making it out on my commercial flight after all!!!

Thanks again for everyone's very generous offers to help me out. You guys kick butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Randy.... still no go on "parking" at Reno Stead as a static? The -38 have Rolls engines by any chance???

I'll jump in on this one, Wayne, since I think Randy is doing the hurricane thing right now. Randy tried to get an AT-38 out to Stead, but the runway isn't long enough...and the extension project isn't/wasn't finished in time.

One way or another, I think the Haskin boyz'll all be there come next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
          One way or another, I think the Haskin boyz'll all be there come next weekend.
          *sigh* yea but, without "the truck"... *sigh*

Give "the Dad" a big'n for me ey!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            *sigh* yea but, without "the truck"... *sigh*

Give "the Dad" a big'n for me ey!

Wayne
            Dude, you eat your Wheaties, and take your medicine like a good boy, and we'll all pile into the truck 'next year'.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              Dude, you eat your Wheaties, and take your medicine like a good boy, and we'll all pile into the truck 'next year'.
              I'sss doin just that Demon.... pour a can-o-food down the tube bout 6 times a day, meds on demand (schedule) It does all look good for a very healthy next year.. Will not know anything till about november or so. Assuming that goes well (getting it all) then it's a countdown to see how much if any comes back... none none none none none!

Dat's my mantra!

Wayner
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                Hey Mr.Haskin, I see your a Eagle Driver. Were you ever sationed at Luke? I was stationed there when they left. Anyways I am a fellow bluesuiter also stationed at Travis doing the QA thing. I truly miss supporting Fighters. These C-5's give me give me hemroids :P. Take care and cant wait to get there!

A little late in coming... but this was too "it's a small world" too pass up.
                I was also stationed at Luke working the Eagle's, I was there as a flightline weapons guy ( old 462 or 2W1 now) from Sep. 1995 in the 550th `till we shut it down. I then went over to the 308th working F-16's until 1996 when I retrained into the Loadmaster career field on, ready for this, C-5's where I am now stationed at Travis AFB.
                What are the chances of something like that happening?

Stevo
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Small world I tell ya! Are you heading up to Reno? My cousin and I are leaving Thursday morning. I am an AGE guy buy trade but I am doing the QA thing right now. We are going to have to hook up.

Comment

I'm heading up solo for Wed and Thurs then back down here to pick up some friends for another trip to Reno for the Sat, Sun and Mon action. The weekends I'm home I can usually be found at one of these three places, http://www.vacavalleyrc.com/, http://www.wdarc.org/, or http://www.lagoonrc.org/.
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

ATC glitch has flights cancelled to California yesterday.
                      My flight looking tight. Could possibly be delayed. It's impossible to fly direct to RNO. Plan is to get to Sacramento and rent car, drive to RNO.
                      Please bow your heads for a word of silent prayer!
                      I've been planning this for a year. It's a L_O_N_G drive from Texas.
                      Reno or Bust!

Comment

I made it. Took longer to get to RNO than anticipated and no internet when I got here.
                        Salute all you race fans. See ya at Stead tomorrow.
                        Hope you made it OK Randy!

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u
                          I made it. Took longer to get to RNO than anticipated and no internet when I got here.
                          Salute all you race fans. See ya at Stead tomorrow.
                          Hope you made it OK Randy!
                          Ewe guys and gals realize don't ya... YOU are what makes air racing so darn special...

FANS!!

Really good and extremely LOYAL fans... If there was a Rare Bear breakfast food, you'd drive across town to get it, a Dago Red energy drink, same trip, Merlin's Magic toothpaste... I think *we* get the picture...

Now, if the Proctor & Gamble's and the like ever catch on to this branding and loyalty....

Oh there I go again....

Have fun guy!!!!!!!!!
                          Wayner
                          Wouldn't ya know it... feelin a lot better! Three treatments to go, I'll call this the year I "almost" made Reno......
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

God Bless Wayne! He's soooo right. Dreamed of a trip to Reno for years to see the races and I finally made it. It was soooo fun to see Dago and Bear go at it today. Skip hopped out of the jet and into Dago for the Unlimited race. Skip deserves a Salute!
                            And John Penney for staying close and Mike Brown too!
                            I was a happy camper! Even though the wind was really strong.
                            A salute to Nelson Ezell for winning his race
                            Last and not least is my lovely Maria for helping to make all this possible for me. She is having a blast and enjoying the Air Races. She signed up this morning for the AT6 ride, even though she didn't win.
                            I've never been to a NASCAR race, but after Reno, I think it would be a big disappointment. I love NHRA drag racing and Pro Stock is my thing, but it can't compare to what happens at Reno.
                            Best Wishes to Wayner and hope you are feeling well.

I hope Randy made it too.
                            God Bless each and every one of you.
                            Hank Armstrong

Comment

T-38

Randy after reading all the USAF stuff about the T-38, and runway length, why does the USN let them fly a T-38 in and have it on static display. USN and USAF have different regs??

Comment

That was an F-5 that the Navy brought in there in the static area -- bigger engines, plus antiskid brakes, a drag chute, and a tail hook. For them stopping in the event of a high-speed abort is not an issue. The T-38 has tiny engines, no antiskid brakes, and only the ability to engage a "rabbit catcher" barrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X