Reno 2004 On-Site Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno 2004 On-Site Coverage

oh yeah miss america was there looking very sharp in the new paint and the curved wing tips
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

We need someone to post pictures.

Comment

First of all Wayne, God Speed in your current visit to the hangar. Just remember, your prop may be slinging a little oil but you are still running. Just clean the screens, put in fresh oil and give 'er hell- you still have lots of "hot laps" left in you. As someone who attended all but one (Viet Nam War Games, you know) Reno races from the very first one down at Bill Stead's place up until three years ago, I feel your pain, as they say. Now I must remain close to the ol ranch and my "ground support equipment" if you know what I mean. Being only a few miles from Stead I can still hear some of the action and watch the inbound and outbound traffic from the Northeast, plus the T-6s used to turn in down the chute right over my ranch, so I still get a small bit of the action. Kinda like holding candy just out of reach of a baby!

Anyway, I can report that yesterday (Thursday 9 Sep) that I could hear the unmistakable rumble of a round motor creating lots of prop tip noise as he was flying in the vicinity of the airport. Wondered to myself if maybe it was the "Bear" running his four bladed prop (it definately was not the old three bladed prop with it's unique sound..) Today, Friday the 10th I could hear a "mouse motor" flying around at what could be described as a bit above cruise power and watched a "plastic plane" appearantly putting some time on his engine above the ranch. Not much compared to what I was used to in the past but enough to start "warming the oil".

Hang in there Wayne, were all pulling for you. Drink plenty of ADI and keep the spray bars on!!!!!

Comment

ill post some if i can borrow a friends digital camera.ill have em posten with in a few mins of getting home
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Wayne,

God bless you, and we continue to pray for your recovery. I arrive on Thursday afternoon, with my trusty son Bryan tagging along. As you know, I'll be working in the Heritage Trophy area pretty heavily, but if I can send you anything I will.

Hope to see you in Vegas!

Jeff Lee

Comment

Working...
            X