Reno 2004 On-Site Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2004 On-Site Coverage

Hi gang, it seems sort of strange writing the above title, since for the first time since we started this "coverage" "your's truly" will not even be in the same state as the races...

That said... I have complained in the past about being chained to the computer at Stead while there was "stuff" goin on out on the field....

This year, I'm still gonna be chained to the computer but.. If all works out as "planned" I'll be chained to "aafo.com" itself, tied directly to the server, "live" and we're gonna have some "players" on the field feeding me photos and very up to the minute action breakdowns as they happen even sometimes....

Now, I've got to predicate on the above, a bit, at least, to be honest about it all...

I'm going through cancer treatment, I've said this before, not news... what I've not said was, I came pretty close to biting one of the few bullets that can actually get ya during treatment, last weekend...

Wound up in the hospital with zero white blood count, raging infection in my airway and some doubt in my support circle that I'd make it...

Gotta tell ya... makes ya feel a bit strange when you actually comprehend the above while tied (almost literally, had an "out of bed alarm") to my bed.

Nuff about ME!~

Ewe guys wanting news about the races.. this is gonna be the place, you guys who promised to send it on... we're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as I'm able, it'll go up almost as fast as I get it... unsure of what format we'll use (message board maybe.. probably)

Let's go racin, it's Reno 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Reno 2004 On-Site Coverage

I have enjoyed every minute spent at this forum and am sure praying for your full recovery.

I will be going out to Stead as often as possible and will be glad to post pix and news every evening, starting THIS Sunday.

Gary

Comment

Well I can Tell you all, The 2 yaks from sean carrols farm are on there way, Russian Reulette and Anya will be there friday, groung crew are in route and Im flying in from Hawaii tomarrow, so all looks good for now from our side, I know we arent GOLD guys, but we sure as hell have a great time with everyone out at Reno and love to race our planes........

Craig(cranky)Beal

Comment

Russian Reulette and Anya in route, ground crew in route and I will Leave Hawaii Tomarrow morning. we are looking forward to seeing everyone and cant wait to get the YAKS in the air, I know we arent the GOLD racers but we still have a great time flying at Reno.

Craig(cranky)Beal

Comment

God Bless You Wayne! Heres to your speedy recovery.
          Salute!
          Hank

Comment

Hang in there Wayne and keep the faith man!

Comment

Hang in there Wayne!

I guess I will have to drink all the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale myself!!

All the best, RG
              Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
              RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Wayne we all can't tell you enough that we all wish you a speedy and complete recovery. I also can't tell you enough that I appreciate what you have done and what you do with this website. it keeps me going all year long. i just love it. Take care and see you next year..
                Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

God Bless you Wayne - I too will not be there and in spirit will be by your side (on your site) and reading your efforts. As you know my thoughts and prayers are with you - so you and all of us can get onto the many missions you have for yourself and with us. Thanks for the on-site-off-site efforts! Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
                    Wayne we all can't tell you enough that we all wish you a speedy and complete recovery. I also can't tell you enough that I appreciate what you have done and what you do with this website. it keeps me going all year long. i just love it. Take care and see you next year..

I couldn't have said it better than John. What you do here is so important to so many of us.
                    Best wishes
                    Rachel

Comment

Wayne wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Get lots of rest and take you vitamins. I think a bunch of us boardrats will be sending lots of images your way. Might have a little side story of interest for ya, will see if my feet get off the ground.

Hang in there my friend we're all thinking about you.

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Get well soon. I have been reading this site since, well forever. You are appreciated!

I am leaving for Reno on Sunday from Olympia, Wa. and will be there on Monday. I have a digital camera and am taking my lap top. If the photographic gods smile, and I get anything worth sharing, I will post it.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Hi Wayne!

I can only echo the things that others have already posted here...hoping for a complete and speedy recovery for you!

Comment

Wayne, hang in there, one of my AIr Racing Fan buddies had a softball size tumor on his heart a few years ago, and he servived two bouts of Chemo thereapy, Radiation therapy and surgury.....He is active today and feeling just fine, despite the Zipper looking scar on his chest, he Quads, He Boats, He fishes, he just bought his self a new Harley.....

SO the point is, people live thru this stuff. and life goes on.

Another Air Racing Fan buddy just recieved a Heart Transplant last night....he too will be there yet another year, although it won;t be this year.

Best wishes, and think positive. BudXXX

Comment

i was there today there are unlimiteds there (about 8 i think) i didnt have a camera or i whould send you pics. if i go tomarrow ill pack the camera. Get well soon we all want ya back for the 2005 races
                              www.renosection3.com

Comment

Working...
                              X