Mountain Home AFB Air Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Home AFB Air Show?

Has anyone heard if they are still putting on the Mountain Home AFB air show this year? In the past it has been the same week as Reno, but I haven't heard anything about it! If anyone could give me some info on it I would sure appreciate it!

Re: Mountain Home AFB Air Show?

I checked several websites, including the one listed below, but I see nothing for Idaho for september or October.

Comment

Moutain Home had their show last year and Hill AFB had its show this past June. Look for Mountain Home to have it's show next year. For as long as I can remember they have rotated.

Comment

This has probably already been posted here.....but I'll take a chance. It's a spectacular picture!

The Thunderbirds missed the last day at Reno last year, due to the Mountain Home show. As you may know, there was a problem.....

Does anyone have any info on what caused the accident?

Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Pilot error.

Comment

Rgr pilot error

Comment

what a pic! did you take that??that should have been on the front page of the newspaper for sure
              www.renosection3.com

Comment

I got the movie at work. He waited a second longer and he would have been right in the middle of the hole he dug

Comment

I got that in an email last year, within days of the airshow. Not sure who took it but, there was mention of possibly a digi-cam mounted on the tower top.

I can send the full size pic if anyone wants it. It has been compressed about 80% to get it down to acceptable size for posting. The thumbnail should still have decent resolution if one wants to zoom/expand it.

I live down in Dayton, about 40mi from Stead and will be trying to attend as much as I can this year, with my new little camera. Email is gary@westcoastatc.com if anyone wants to meet up.

I fly MS Flight Simulator online and am an aquantance of 'bearfan' He's the guy that did the 'RenoVidsForU' He won't be at Reno this year, unfortunately, as he lives in the Detroit area.

Check out www.propsracing.com Don't be afraid to sign up so you can access all of our pages. Free, with no obligation! We are dedicated to emulating pylon racing online and have become the biggest and best simulated air race site available for Microsoft FlightSimulator.

Myself and Tony(PROPS Operations Officer)will be at the races passing out fliers for PROPS Racing again this year.

Seems the Section3 guys have the most fun out there! Gotta love the airhorn! I'm gettin' STOKED!!!!! I'll see everyone on the ramp! It's gonna be GREAT!

Gary

Comment

Does anyone have any info on what caused the accident?
                    I believe pilot error is correct, but it wasn't an in-flight misjudgement. From what I have read, the pilot had mis-set his altimeter to the wrong airport altitude (the crash occured just after takeoff).

This website has the story, this pic, and a link to an awesome 4 meg in-the-cockpit video of the incident. Talk about quick reflexes!

Talk about your close calls! Fascinating on-board and external video of the crash of Thunderbird #6 during an airshow in Idaho.

They also offer a video clip from an outside spectator view of the crash....Thank God the pilot escaped in time:

"The pilot managed to eject 0.8 seconds before impact and walked away with only minor injuries."

-----------------------------------------------------

By the way, if you check the comments at the bottom of the page, you will find that one of the commentators claims he took the nose-on photograph. His name is listed as:

SSgt Bennie J. Davis III
                    Still Photographer, USAF

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                      Thank God the pilot escaped in time:

"The pilot managed to eject 0.8 seconds before impact and walked away with only minor injuries."
                      True. But his career as a pilot is pretty much toast now. That's a pretty big 'oops'.

Comment

I am pretty sure they said it was an engine faliure and loss of power that caused the crash, not pilot error.

ShaneDog

Comment

Working...
                        X