Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for some FUN!!!

Ok everybody...it's CLOSE to RENO TIME!

Anyone care to make predictions as to the finishing order for any of the classes of racers?

Re: Time for some FUN!!!

Unlimited

Fast

Faster

Fastest

Comment

that jet that always wins the jet class is gonna win

Comment

lol u mean mary????
        dosent dhe allways win??? in jet class????
        www.renosection3.com

Comment

No offense to the Jet racers, but thats the time I usually hit the port-a-potties. They dont quite have the muster I like.

Comment

Jeeeeezzz...you guys are no fun.

Agreed! I predict that an L-39 will win the jet class, probably "Heartless".

Comment

Tom Camp will score a fan-favorite victory in his Wildcat!

As for Dago, Bear & Fury, I want 'em all healthy on Sunday for an awesome, bent-throttle shootout.
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                Tom Camp will score a fan-favorite victory in his Wildcat!

As for Dago, Bear & Fury, I want 'em all healthy on Sunday for an awesome, bent-throttle shootout.

Yes! Now that's a race I want to see!!!!
                As for the Wildcat...planes like that are always great to see flying!!! Like the P-40s of several years ago...not competetive, but what a HOOT to see them rounding the pylons! Where is "Sneak Attack" and "Spud Lag"?!!?!?
                Last edited by WARPT; 09-08-2004, 07:57 AM. Reason: Rembered other P-40 name

Comment

Lets not forget Dreadnought and Czech Mate.
                  1-3 are too close for me to tell but if they make it to Sunday these three will be fighting it out, Dago Red, September Fury, and Rare Bear. Dreadnought and Czech Mate are not far behind. Maybe Miss America and Precious Metal will be in the mix also.

Jarrod

Comment

In the heat of competition, everybody flies too fast for the course and after the protests and pylon cuts are sorted out Sparky wins gold after just nosing out Tom Camps Wildcat on pylon 8.

It could happen, just look at Miss Suzy Q in the early 70's.

Leo
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I have been enjoying the new jet races, but they weren't quite what I expected.

I thought I would be seeing unlimited-like speeds (if not faster), and watch them flying the big course....neither was the case. At least they take "the long way 'round" on the starting lap, and the jet racing action is tight.

...as far as predicting the winners this year, I don't even dare try...too many variables. Al I can do is root for my favorites (any chance that Dago and Bear will tie for the gold? No? Oh well... )

Comment

I think the Sport Class final may also be very interesting. Is Sharp's NXT ready for the prime time? Darryl G. won't just lie down, that's for sure. And just how hard can John Parker push his Thunder Mustang?
                        As for the Unlimited's, I hope for a safe competitive race, by which I mean, I hope Dago Red, Rare Bear, Sept. Fury are all still running come Sunday. And Dreadnaught and Czech Mate. Don't overlook the rest of the Gold Racer's either. I'm looking forward to another improved performance from Stu Dawson's Sea Fury; it seems every year, it's a bit quicker (and this year, "prettier" too).

Comment

Going to start hich-hiking tonight hope to make the Gold.Dago,crew,and driver repeat.

Comment

Heartless will not be racing this year. Mary has another ride, L 39, but predictions are that it is not as fast as Heartless. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they can find some speed.

Comment

Working...
                            X