Browser Version????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Browser Version????

System Restore will restore old settings, and has saved my sorry butt many times (like the time when all my screen text turned into Egyptian Hieroglyphics), but no, it won't roll back software updates or alter files to previous versions.

I use IE6 most of the time, but on occasion I use Firefox with good results.

I won't try IE7 until we reach the point that I can't visit most websites without it (if that ever happens).

"If it ain't broke..."

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
      I just switched to my IE8, to give it a try. So far so good.
      Second time today that someone has referred to IE8... I'm tracking a problem with IE7 not playing nice with FTP via browser (bad idea but hey... some folks like to do it that way) and now I'm seeing IE8.. Please tell me this is a typo?

Is there a version 8 already?

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Safari!

Don
        Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
        Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

and now I'm seeing IE8.. Please tell me this is a typo?
          Sorry Wayne, It is a typo.

I am using IE7

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
            Sorry Wayne, It is a typo.

I am using IE7
            Phew!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Isn't there a disclaimer that comes with IE7 warning that you cannot go back to IE6 (even with system restore)? Seems to me I read that just before clicking on the "Are you sure you want the latest Microsoft Mistake installed on your computer" button.

Maybe you could low level your HDD, FDISK, FORMAT, then reinstall Windows with a new license. That should get IE6 back (maybe).....And don't forget to turn off automatic update before you connect to the internet.

Comment

Too much work! Problem is, I hosed 6 attempting to get both 6 and 7 loaded separately for webdev purposes...

In truth, personally, if it works the same, I could care less which browser I use.. Familiarity is all I'm after, because using my browser should be totally intuitive.... I actually like 7, with the exception that they changed the ordering of the toolbars and such. They put the stop and refresh buttons WAAAAAY over on the right... etc, etc...

I've got another machine that I can check version 6 with so I guess I'll be OK..

FWIW... IE version 7 *seems* very fast, shows the favicon.ico files better than version 6 (those little icons beside the address in the address bar)...

Eventually, everyone (mostly) who uses IE will be on V7...

I will, however, wait a VERY long time before I install Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Safari for me, too. Apple Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonprop
                    Safari for me, too. Apple Rules!
                    I work on Mac's all day.... GOD, I can't wait to get home to my PC...HAHAHAHA
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I cut my teeth on macs, finally gave up, hated the internet and computing the way apple wants you to use/see it. And the virus thing, never had one nor have I had many crashes, just use quality parts

Comment

I have used NetScape from the time I first got a computer. I hated IE5 and refused to use it and whised like hell I could remove from my comps in the past.

IE7 on the other hand I am likeing, It reminds me alot of NetScape, its easy to navigate and customize as well.

I was one of the lucky few to get a full use Vista key for free. It will work on any Vista upgrade. Ive not used it yet because I dont need all that security, and I dont want to mess with learning a new OP SYS.
                        lol Lord knows I had a hard enough time learning XP!
                        I have it tucked away for when I do need it.

Oh and Wayne.

My choice is for a T-Shirt with
                        Look Up My
                        AAFO.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                          I cut my teeth on macs, finally gave up, hated the internet and computing the way apple wants you to use/see it. And the virus thing, never had one nor have I had many crashes, just use quality parts
                          Same here.

I have a couple PM's on my comment but I'm going to post this here:

I use G5's with all the latest everything. I'm a full time graphic artist. I also have a G5 at home but for what I do, I can now work faster on my PC. I have been using Macs for over 16 years. One thing I do have to say though is that my 15year old Mac Quadra still works but I've had three PC's DIE two HP's and one Micron. But when it comes down to the bottom line, is the machine (Mac or PC) really built for what you need to do on it and do you keep it clean inside and out and updated and really understand the potential of what your machine can do. I'm a program user (Adobe CS2 everything, QuarkExpress, Microsoft Office everything...ect.) I'll work on what ever works to get the job done.
                          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

i dont have a clue, using netcom since '96,gonna go solo soon
                            with ie_ on my compact desktop soon.any advice?

Comment

Go With the shirt idea. Get Victor to do the design. I'll send you all my new/still left "Mystical Power" shirts for free.
                              Tom
                              Mystical Power

Comment

Originally posted by Race#21
                                Go With the shirt idea. Get Victor to do the design. I'll send you all my new/still left "Mystical Power" shirts for free.
                                Tom
                                Man Tom... what are we gonna do without you at Reno!

When you gonna get another plane??

You are missed my friend!

Wayne
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X