Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Despain wants an interveiw!!!

Originally posted by glider90
    I am guessing it will be Curt Graham, Hoot Gibson or Rhino Bill Reinschild, but have also heard T6 racer Al Goss mentioned as a stick for her next year."

~Jim

Curt Graham? Wow! Congratulations, Curt! I didn't know you had it in you!

I'm guessing you meant to say Curt BROWN, and not Curt Graham (one of our Alaskan Ramp Rats)?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      Curt Graham? Wow! Congratulations, Curt! I didn't know you had it in you!

I'm guessing you meant to say Curt BROWN, and not Curt Graham (one of our Alaskan Ramp Rats)?
      Not sure what he meant, which is why I posted it here from the other board, for entertainment purposes. I am amazed at the rumors that continually fly about Strega and Tiger. I beleive none of them until race week, however there are some real zingers this year:>

Comment

Originally posted by glider90
        I grabbed this from the SPEED message board...

"John Penney is Dave Despain's confirmed Wind Tunnel guest for Thursday, Oct. 7 (10 p.m. ET) from Reno Stead Airport in Reno, Nev. Penney is the pilot for Rare Bear, a Grumman Bearcat air racing place. He won the Unlimited Class at the recent Reno Air Races. He is also a Boeing 777 captain for United Airlines.
        The interview will take place at the Rare Bear hanger at the airport. The airplane will be in the background and in the first segment of the interview, he will walk around with the cameraman showing us the airplane."
        Oh My, this just gets better and better! This would mean that somewhere in that hangar are some of the crew! Actually since I've followed the sport, this is about as good as it gets as far as an "inside look" at a team and their pilot and maybe even some of the crew!

It cost me $4.50 per month to upgrade to the "sports package" on Comcast... sounds like this alone will make it worthwhile!

Something tells me this is going to be a CLASSIC!!!!!!

BTW... does anyone have the exact URL to this message board on SPEED that we're referring to? I looked (not very hard) and could not find one...

Thanks in advance!
        Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here are the three threads I have seen (in two different sections)

~Jim

Comment

wait, the interview is out at stead?! hell i may run out there to get my goofy mug on tv

oh and johnh, most all of the unlimited pilots are john wayne types, not just skip, lol.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
              hell i may run out there to get my goofy mug on tv

Only if you get a haircut and shave first, matt.....

Comment

As the saying goes, "you can't be first, but you can be next" applies here. Dave Despain and John Penny were first, but lets all get on the emails and letters to speed-tv, ESPN and anybody else we can think of and get those guys trying to get in on a GREAT motor sport, the fastest motor sport just happens to be the greatest motor sport. Lets try to get the coverage 'up to speed'. Great job Dave and John you 2 got it started!

Comment

hey, you were on tv speed!

i wonder just how much more enthusiasm for the sport was generated by that interview?
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

So... what was said? Inquiring minds NEED to know.
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

Oops, just read the new thread that was started about the interview... ingore this post
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Working...
                      X