Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Houston, We May Have a Problem

Originally posted by Race 29
    For those of you that are upset that a picture of a crankshaft was removed, I've uploaded a picture of a crankshaft from a Yamaha YSR 50 motorcycle. Since it has become such a big deal here, hopefully you'll be able to get your crankshaft jones with this picture. Enjoy!

Race 29
    Now THAT was funny!
    Scotty G

Comment

Its....its..sooooooooooo cute!!!!

Comment

For those of you that are upset that a picture of a crankshaft was removed, I've uploaded a picture of a crankshaft from a Yamaha YSR 50 motorcycle. Since it has become such a big deal here, hopefully you'll be able to get your crankshaft jones with this picture. Enjoy!

Race 29

Now I'm mad!!! How dare you post the top secret crank design that powered me to #1 Supersport position. Since my secret is out, I guess that I will stay retired.

Brewski
        Team Marble Racing
        Brewski

Comment

....yea, Ive had a couple dozen similar cranks (KT100,Komet,IAME),and they wern't even as pretty ay that one......

......now show that lil' one in parts....ls,rs,pin,rollers and rod......

.....someone hit a nerve somewhere,
          let's give 'em support and best wishes !

I've had my favorites through the years,
          now I love them all !

maybe sponsorship from ADVIL ? (or prep H for the "other headache")
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Brewski!!
            I forgot about that one being top secret! I really think your top secret crank is still safe, locked away at the NASA facility. I didn't know that picture was going to be so popular! If you want to know more and see detailed pictures, check out: http://www.teamcalamari.com/dox/tekcrank.html Sue over at Team Calamari (yes, she's a woman that has forgoten more about motors than I'll ever know!) builds and rebuilds these cranks. She's the Dwight Thorn of two stroke motorcycle racing! For a picture of the complete bike in racing action, look at Brewski's avitar.

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Race 29
              I was hoping for a Briggs & Stratton crank held suggestively by a buxom vixen....
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Ok, Here is a pic of a crank used by several air race teams.
                Who can tell what it is?
                Attached Files

Comment

Well I'm glad we finally found some humor here. I know I ticked a whole bunch of people off, but were all intitled to our opinions here in this great land.

I really do hope all are healthy for race week. I want to see close competition, not a run away victory.

Comment

hey bad, is it an IO engine?
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Peas,
                      I was accually hoping for the same thing! Unfortunatly I didn't have any photos of that. Man, I gotta call Briggs & Stratton and get a copy of next years calendar!

Mr. T, don't worry about it. We all get on the recieving end of someone with their panties in a bunch from time to time. That really is one of the great things about human spirit. The passion that comes from all of us when we face competition, or are the fans of competition. I've been on the recieving end, AND been bunched up, but it's all good. It's the passion for the sport that makes us do what we do. Ya gotta love it!

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Now lets all go to the Races and have a beer!!!
                        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

The sign on a Merlin engine in a museum.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The picture of the Engine
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's not nearly as bad as Dago Red's engine in '84. It had a huge hole on both sides of the block that you could practically throw a softball through! (I recall looking through it in the pits and seeing daylight on the other side).

I had some pics of the engine and resulting airframe fire damage, but no longer have them. Perhaps another forum member still has some shots...Rick Brickert was pilot that year.

There's a short write-up of the "event" on the Dago Red website (scroll down to 1984)

Comment

I'm sure everyone remembers Miss America 2002, but here is one last look at it. Bravo to Doc and the whole crew for such a great job coming back in winning fashion 2003.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X