Houston, We May Have a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Houston, We May Have a Problem

I feel a group hug commin' on, here......

Comment

Comment

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dude,

Wayne, I got it. My dad and I will scrounge around and we can make a bubble for you. We will make sure it has A/C, on-board keg, and a few other luxuries.

I really do hope you can make it but you need to do what it best for you. If you are there, stop by, I got something with your name on it.

Hang in there.

Bill
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
            Dude,

Wayne, I got it. My dad and I will scrounge around and we can make a bubble for you. We will make sure it has A/C, on-board keg, and a few other luxuries.

I really do hope you can make it but you need to do what it best for you. If you are there, stop by, I got something with your name on it.

Hang in there.

Bill
            Ha! Now that's soundin good... call me tomrorrow, got another "mission" for ya Mr. Phelps...

Wayner

Comment

The problem is worse thank first reported. I stopped by Mystery Aire yesterday (8/23/04) to see the damage for myself. All I can say is GAK!!! The #4 mainbearing self-destructed. All of the internal metal parts look like they have been coated with antisieze compound (the bronze from the main bearing). The entire engine has to be taken to bits and cleaned. The crankshaft is a throw-away. When I left there were additional "issues" with the crankcase being addressed. All I can say is that there are a lot of parts inside a Merlin! I got some good pictures if anyone is interested; perhaps the Webmaster will post them.

Comment

im allways intersted in air race ,any thing !pleaze post the site...here is my site for section3 www.geocities.com/renosection3/index.html dont laugh im still learning see ya in 23 days
                www.renosection3.com

Comment

I have plenty of web space so if you e- mail them to me ill poast them up asap!

Comment

Originally posted by NB Racing
                    The problem is worse thank first reported. I stopped by Mystery Aire yesterday (8/23/04) to see the damage for myself. All I can say is GAK!!! The #4 mainbearing self-destructed. All of the internal metal parts look like they have been coated with antisieze compound (the bronze from the main bearing). The entire engine has to be taken to bits and cleaned. The crankshaft is a throw-away. When I left there were additional "issues" with the crankcase being addressed. All I can say is that there are a lot of parts inside a Merlin! I got some good pictures if anyone is interested; perhaps the Webmaster will post them.

Might actually be a race after all. Doubt it, though.

Comment

NB Racing,

perhaps the Webmaster will post them.
                      You can post the pictures on this board as long as you are a registered user. Look for the Managed Attachments option under Additional Options in the in the Reply Window. If you resize the picture to no greater than 600x400 and less than 100k in size you should have no problems.

Cheers,

Rick

Comment

I can just hear the conversation taking place @ Mystery Aire:

The Doctor: "Crap! I told you that mice don't do caffeine. Slack, get me another mouse."

J.S.: "Sorry, boss...we're fresh out of mice...and we need another squirrel cage."

Comment

heres 3 shots im hoping to get more to post up

Comment

The link you provided goes to a message, "Pictures removed at the request of the photographer". I am unclear in the exchange whose pictures they are, but it would be nice if the owner of the pictures would post them.

Dan

Comment

I saw the pictures, and it showed a galled main on a crankshaft. This is not top secret stuff here people, but I understand if they were used without the photographers consent.

Having been to many a drag race, I'm very used to seeing blown up parts all over the pits. Crankshafts don't hold many secrets, so unless someone got ticked off, I did not see anything in the picture that would be a problem.

Comment

They were posted with permision from the Photographer but another group of people were not pleased to see illistrations of problems on the web, they requested that the photographer have them removed so they were

Ill agree that the photos show nothing that has not been seen before by anyone that has been around racing but hopefully sometime we can see more pictures from the engine shops but that will be somone elses call
                                Last edited by Curt; 08-25-2004, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X