unlimited entry list 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unlimited entry list 2004

Unfortunately I can confirm that after a conversation a couple of weeks ago it can be confirmed that Dreadnought will not be at the races (though I keep hoping otherwise). However I understand that Sept Fury should be.
    Giles

Comment

Terry,

>"What do thes guys have to do that's more fun?"<

........play with their nuts

...........both are getting significant/major engine work (and other) completed.

......unlike cars and karts....engine changes/rebuilds do not happen in less than an hour.......
      ......(and cost a bit more!)....
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

What about Tom Dwelle and Critical Mass?

Comment

Chris,
          Your comment on civilian vs. Warbird paint schemes struck a nerve. Who cares what color a plane is, if it races, it's a racer. I think that a little more effort should be put into actually making sure that the entries are racing, not just flying in left handed circles. The other point is alot of these Warbird Paint schemes do airshows the other 51 weeks out of the year, and you should hear what the oldtimers that actually flew these planes in the war have to say about civilian paint schemes on a Warbird. I heard that this is a PG rated site so I can't actually repeat what they say. Take a look at the entry list, 13 out of 26 of the entries have warbird paint schemes, hmmmn..maybe the civilians should paint theirs like a warbird.

Comment

Civilian v Warbird paint

No disrespect to warbirds, and owners always decide, but those paint schemes are just not new - they're 60 years old and repeated over and over again! I would prefer any new civilian paint scheme, even as lurid as Voodoo's, rather than another pseudo 8th Air Force scheme.

Comment

Hello:

John Bagely told us last week he has no plans to bring his P-51 Mustang "Ole Yeller".

Comment

These planes were built for a purpose, oh yeah now I remember...WAR! Hence the name warbird. As for the psuedo remark, alot of these aircraft are replicating a paint scheme in such detail that it boggles the mind. I guess we psuedo contacted ex WWII pilots and their psuedo families to get psuedo pictures from WWII taken by the psuedo pilot of his psuedo plane. I think you should go out and spend 1.25 million dollars for a warbird then another 150K to have it painted up like a cessna. I supposed you would paint a Harley Davidson motorcycle say...Honda Red?

Comment

eric, this is really nothing to get worked up over, i mean speedball alice is a beautiful airplane and one of the best restorations i've ever seen, but on the other hand planes like miss america are very good looking too. both have their place in the world and in air racing.

personally i have always wanted to see a british camo super modified mustang, always thought that would be cool.

but ultimately it is left to the owners to decide.
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Unfortunately, Tom Dwelle has retired from racing. MAYBE Critical Mass mite be raced next year by ken Dwelle.... MAYBE
                    MG

Comment

So what is wrong with a little diversity? A mix of civilian, military and full race paint schemes just adds to the drama. Sure Dago Red would not look right in a standard military scheme. But what if a racer was painted in a modern military scheme? I think that would look sharp also. A retro-modern racer.

I'm not sure what appearance fees that air show promoters pay to get some warbirds to attend. But I'm sure that they prefer to have military painted aircraft on display and in the air.

Military, civilian paint, or polished aluminum. I'm just thrilled to see them flying. My thanks to everyone that owns and maintains these old birds in flying condition.

Comment

...hmmmm....

the cute gal next door in her jeans.....

.....or

a dressed ti kill model in an evening gown.......

........send me BOTH!
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Mayday 51 has my vote!!

Hawkeye

Comment

Hawkeye -
                            I see you are true to your word, as always.

See you at KHWD - Tom's hangar....

STAR
                            Small Time Air Racer!
                            AKA - Dasher

Comment

Working...
                            X