Clear All

Re: The winner of reno 2004.

Double Threat?

Team Wang?

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
      Rare Bear, all the way.

Dago blows up on 4th lap...DNF (not literally blows up, the engine finally lets go...

Don Hatten
      Rare Bear Fan Sponsor (nah, I'm not biased)
      I am pulling for Dago, but as Don put's it, Dago has had his share of luck and a mechanical failure has to happen sooner or later.

Comment

rpzo is right-Kerchanfaut is the best and as a drag racing fan-drag racing is really a crew chief sport (the drivers only matter when the crew chief screws up OR both crew chiefs screw up and it's a pedal contest)-but I still say the money can "buy" the best crew, parts, research, etc.

GO BEAR!

Ron Henning
        Ron Henning

Comment

My guess is CRITICAL MASS !

Then Dago and Bear.
          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree with both Mayday and Mark. It's great fun to speculate, but when it comes right down to it, there's no better feeling than when we're watching the Unlimited Gold coming down the chute on Sunday! Part of that feeling is knowing anything can happen, but praying nothing bad does. Knowing each pilot/racer is a damn good stick, but as we've seen, sometimes mistakes are made (again, praying nothing bad happens). Knowing each engine has a certain amount of fuse left before it's done, and hoping it will last long enough to run hard then have enough left to bring her pilot back to her stall. Part of that feeling is the commeraderie of the folks next to you when the hair on the back of everyone's neck is at full attention just from the sound of full Unlimited Fury as the racers pass by, and everyone fortunate enough to have a radio is announcing what's being said, who's having a mayday, etc. to everyone who isn't as fortunate to have a radio (I've never seen that at any other racing event!). It's being witness to a big scary looking Harley guy making sure that everytime he went for a beer, he also brought back a bottle of water for a complete stranger who was at least in his '80's, because that particular stranger couldn't move around all that well and didn't have any family with him (in the grandstands, '96 or 97) They shook hands, and each had a new friend at the end of the day. It's being at least in your 80's, knowing you can't move around all that much, but "Damnit, I'm going to Reno!" You don't see that kind of stuff anywhere but RENO, baby!

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
              It's being at least in your 80's, knowing you can't move around all that much, but "Damnit, I'm going to Reno!" You don't see that kind of stuff anywhere but RENO, baby!

Race 29
              Oh man... I HOPE! I'm not nearly 80 but "Damnit, I'm going to Reno" is my mantra for the next two months! They told me today at the treatment center that "you're ambitious" with a look like.. "yea... we'll see how you look 45 days from now when you're only in the 5th week of your plan...

I'm slowly having to admit to myself that I just might not be able to make it this year.. got a room lined up, we've yet to buy the airplane tickets.. pretty sure I'll take the risk and buy them and then just see what happens..

I'd say "damn the luck" but... overall, I think I am pretty damn lucky with this thing... but.. damn!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners,
                I hope your not including all of the work to cover this years race into wether or not your going to make it this year! Griffongirl does a stellar job covering a lot of the day to day happenings (Damn, I've got to meet her one of these days!) and there's plenty of photgraphers out there to submit stuff. Just show up and enjoy your favorite sport! If you don't show up, I can't keep my deal and quit chewing tobbaco! Of course if it's going to be too detrimental to your health, Please take care of yourself first.

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                  Wayners,
                  If you don't show up, I can't keep my deal and quit chewing tobbaco!

Race 29

After talking to Wayne I did. Not easy, I look at it as scared straight.

I would be the last one to ever tell someone to, I'm not doing that.

As Mark Twain once said "Quitting is easy, I've done it a hundred times"

This time was my last.

Good luck.

DT

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    After talking to Wayne I did. Not easy, I look at it as scared straight.

I would be the last one to ever tell someone to, I'm not doing that.

As Mark Twain once said "Quitting is easy, I've done it a hundred times"

This time was my last.

Good luck.

DT
                    I'm proud of you DialTapper! I'd never "tell" anyone to quit either but I'm happy to be the "poster boy" to get people thinking about it!!

Hang in there buddy! I really am impressed that you quit! A young friend of mine (actually, son of a friend) also quit (smoking) due to hearing about my situation...

I'm extremely happy that some good comes of this discovery!!

Wayner
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Why are there no hawker fury's racing at reno??
                      And what sea fury's are racing this year??

Comment

Howard Pardue should be there with his Mk10 Fury and there will be few Mk11 sea furys. 911, argonaut, maybe dreadnought, maybe 232, riff raff, spirit of texas, don't know about Joseph Thibodeau, nocritical mass, no furias, and no bad attitude. I guess it could get a little thin in the sea fury department . Next year should have quite a few with the return of bad attitude, southern cross, furias and miss merced .

Comment

I saw the BEAR at the prs this year look sharp with the 4 blade prop, im a dego fan but i tink this migh mena alot closer race even with out dego having engine problems

Comment

I agree that the bear looked sharp and that 4 blade prop will do good im still rooting for a dego bear finish see ya at the races in 24 days.Look for us crazys in section3 www.geocities.com/renosection3/index.html
                            www.renosection3.com

Comment

i heard a while back dan borgstrom of the if1 class bought baby gorilla and was fixing it up to go racing, no major mods, engine change to 3350 but otherwise stock. he was supposed to have it ready last year, any word on that?
                              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Unfortunately, Dan cracked up his lovely Shoestring racer on Sunday before Reno 2003 and hurt himself fairly badly. He said at the time that that was the end of his racing career. I suppose and hope that he might change his mind, but I'm not counting on it...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X