Jeff Lo's new Biplane Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Lo's new Biplane Racer

Has anyone information on the progress of Jeff Lo's new Biplane Class Racer? I hear it is being built by Cris Ferguson in Arkansas.

Re: Jeff Lo's new Biplane Racer

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
    Has anyone information on the progress of Jeff Lo's new Biplane Class Racer? I hear it is being built by Cris Ferguson in Arkansas.
    Chris, I've seen a picture but I'm pretty much gonna let Jeff chime in and do any talking about it that he wants.

I've seen the concept and the progress that the photo shows and I think Jeff wouldn't get mad at me for spilling the beans that it looks pretty DARN cool!

Beyond that, let's let Jeff talk about his baby..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, nothing is ever for sure until you get there, but we're pretty confident that the plane will be at Reno. I think it'll be fast, but until we can get it on the course we won't know for sure, so I'm not making any predictions; I don't feel like paying out on any more bets . The plane is being painted now and we should have about a month to fly the time off and try to get all the bugs worked out before it gets to Reno.

It's taking longer than we had planned (what doesn't), but look for #14 to be rounding the pylons in September. So what about your three and a half year project, Chris? Any chance we'll see it at Reno in a couple months?
      Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
      Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Jeff,
        Well...., no. It'll be next year.

But it is going well, and the first flight will probably be in October. With the cowl trial fitted on it now, the exhaust tunnel is being constructed and after this the whole cowling can be finished. Then it is mostly an assembly job.

As you say, it all goes slower than you sometimes expect. I have decided to leave the canopy and rudder stock for now. There will be plenty of things to watch in the cooling department on the test flights anyway.

Any drawings of your new paint job?

Later,
        Chris...

Comment

Working...
        X