XAR Side Affects???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XAR Side Affects???

I don't know about anyone else, but I have found a couple of side affects from playing XAR. Other than the fact it's ADDICTING, after playing it for half an hour or so, I notice my head starting to turn with the plane in an effort to keep the horizon level. After I'm done playing it I sometimes notice my head Cocked a little to the left side. Am I just taking it to seriously, or does this happen to anyone else?

Re: XAR Side Affects???

Originally posted by ShaneDog
    I don't know about anyone else, but I have found a couple of side affects from playing XAR. Other than the fact it's ADDICTING, after playing it for half an hour or so, I notice my head starting to turn with the plane in an effort to keep the horizon level. After I'm done playing it I sometimes notice my head Cocked a little to the left side. Am I just taking it to seriously, or does this happen to anyone else?
    Shane, early on, when I was playing a lot with the pre-release version, I'd actually get airsick sometimes. Usually, when I was fooling with the keykombo that lets you "fly" outside the birds so you can take screenies... The angles would get so odd that it just finally got to me... (19" monitor helped the effect)

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: XAR Side Affects???

When I was in the Navy serving on submarines (1991ish), I would bring a pair of Atari Lynx handheld color video game systems for entertainment. The one and only game I played was called Warbirds, a pretty good WWI simulator even by today's standards. At one point, the game got banned because the people playing it were getting too physical/verbal which was waking up others that were trying to sleep. Somehow, it was a reflex for people to physically pitch, roll, and yaw the controller in front of them to get better performance along with swearing like a sailor... wait, we were sailors

I still have those Lynxes and the game still works.

Yes, I think it is normal for someone who has been immersed in a flightsim to physically react to the images and sounds that can seem so real.

Comment

Working...
      X