Thunder Over Reno '04 - It's Official! -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Over Reno '04 - It's Official! -

We spoke with John Parker at PRS last week and we were hopeful that his entry into competition would be announced this week...

Well... it's official! John Parker and the "BlueThunder" Mustang are BACK!

Man-O-Man... bar the doors, it's going to be HOT HOT HOT comptition in the Sports Division this year...

Dream race for sure... anyone care to count up the shared championships held by the three top competitors in this one??

More Here.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Thunder Over Reno '04 - It's Official! -

just one minimustang? when i applied for a job there a few weeks ago there were two in there... and john mentioned something about a race team
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
      just one minimustang? when i applied for a job there a few weeks ago there were two in there... and john mentioned something about a race team
      Matt, I didn't get round to getting inside the hangar much but was the other one ready to fly? As I'm sure you know, it takes quite a while from "looking like an airplane" to "ready to fly"

But... that said.... I think John would really like to breathe some fire into the TM program, long term... It'll be wonderful to see what he can do with the newly refreshed/refined engine in his bird this year...

He's got some tough competition but........

It's gonna be really interesting!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Unless Nemesis NXT doesn't make it, or has teething problems, it will be a race for second place.
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

from what i saw, it was just about ready, if memory serves.

i'm not convinced shooter. sure nxt looks fast, and i'm sure she is, but so is greenameyer's lancair and 347 is gonna be hard to improve upon...
          heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Matt and everybody,

The other TM is being built for a client. It is hoped to have it running by Sept. It will not be competing in 2004. There is in the works, a plan to have multiple Thunder Mustangs at Reno in Sept. But what people say and what actually happens can be very different; unforeseen difficulties, cash flow, and nervous wives always tweak plans. Just how many of those would compete is even harder to nail down.

All in all, I think the Sports class is going to be great!

Bill
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

oh ok bill, thanks dude. i hate being wrong, lol.

it would be very interesting to have an actual team of racers for the sport class. honestly, my bet for this year is greenameyer, but it's still pretty open (which is why i'm not putting money on it, lol)
              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

My money is on Nemisis NXT if it shows up. He has had a lot of expirence working for Lockheed and built the record breaking Nemisis for the formula 1.
                Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                X