PRS Thursday Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Thursday Photos

Well just found out that they are flying this morning so no time to really deal with my laptop which is too darn slow to deal with the new Nikon's .nef (raw) large file format... so here's five from yesterday...

Whups.. one didn't make it up there originally....

Image information...

1)Enginer Bill Hickle and Pilot, John Penney discuss the knotty problem plaguing the Rare Bear Air Race Team this weekend. The engine is having an issue with rpm's dropping off to the extreme with certain combinations of mag drop testing. I had the privledge of "going to school" with Lyle Shelton today to try to gain some sort of understanding of how the ignition system works on the R-3350.. it is, confusing, to say the least!

2)Down at the other end of the ramp, Mike Brown's "other" airplane, September Pops glistens with drops of rain, leftover from the late afternoon showers that dampened Stead yesterday.

3)Late afternoon engine runs, problem not solved... I really love the new Nikon!

4)same as above..

5)A look into the very sanitary engine compartment on Mike Brown's tigercat.
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: PRS Thursday Photos

Gawd, it's great to see the -3350 is doing it's job in those pics, Wayne. Nothing like an 'externally lubricated engine'. Long live the Oilcat!

Comment

Working...
    X