Thursday at the Pylon Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday at the Pylon Seminar

Thursday June 17th seen over 33 airplanes on the ramp at Stead Airport to attend the Reno Air Racing Association 2004 Pylon Racing Seminar. There were eight L-39 jets, three pitts Biplanes, two Christian Eagle biplanes, two formula ones, nine sport class racers, two Hawker Sea Furys, three P-51 Mustangs, one F7F Tiger Cat, one Gruman Bearcat, two t-6's.

Dennis Sanders piloted Mike Browns F7F Tigercat, while Mike Brown flew his own Hawker Sea Fury 911 followed by Art Vance in his P-51D Mustang "Speed Ball Alice" and Dan Vance flying the Sanders Hawker Sea Fury "Aeronaught".

Ron Buccanelli's P-51 "Precious Metal, Bob Button's P-51 "Voodoo" and Lyle Sheltons "Rare Bear" have been at Stead since last years races.

Ron Buccanelli plans on doing some repairs to "Presious Metal" during the weekend. He had the right side valve covers off today and was looking for problems.

Voodoo was parked in the hangar without a motor and Bob Button plans to be at the seminar to get qualified to race his L-39.

Rare Bear was rolled out this morning for some tests and plans to fly this weekend.

Re: Thursday at the Pylon Seminar

Ok sports fans, here's a scenario to ponder. Bob Button is going to get qualified to race his L-39. His first steps as a racer. I've heard he changed Voodoo back to her stock canopy because he didn't like the visibility out of the race canopy. I've also heard (on this board) that he want's to get qualified to race Voodoo. (Once a motor is installed, natch) So let's just say he gets a taste of that speed, and then decide's to go back to the full on fire breathing streamlined Voodoo. Another well capable racing Mustang turning the pylons! Maybe that isn't so far out of the rhelm of possibility. After all, our beloved Tiger didn't want to race with a small canopy at first. Now look at the legend he's become. Don't mind me, I'm just dreamin' and thinking WAY to far into the future!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
    X