Pylon Racing School Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon Racing School Questions?

I was just thinking, like I do so often, if civilians can go and watch PRS. I will have some time off that week and nothing to do. I just figured I would drive up to Stead and take a gander. Something to doI guess, maybe snap some pictures or shoot some video. Just wondering....
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: Pylon Racing School Questions?

Yes...indeed we can.

They've even let us drive out to the ramp and park, though I don't know if that is still alowed or not.

It's a great chance to see the racers up close and not have to deal with large crowds. Bring your own food and drink though. Hope to see you out there...

Lonnie

Comment

I'm planning on being there if my schedule allows it. Is there and set schedule of whats going on, or is it more relaxed. Thanks, Dave
      Dave

Comment

During my past visits they did try to keep a schedule similar to that of the races.

Lonnie

Comment

as far as i know parking on the ramp is still ok, lord knows i did last year.

there is a set schedule, usually it's something like bipes and f1's (flying together, pretty cool) at 10, sport planes at 11:30, t-6's at 1, unlimiteds at 2:30 then jets at 4. don't quote me on that, i'm very probably wrong. but ya, it's a lot of fun, i plan on bringing a bunch of friends out to watch the races and introduce them to some of the pilots and crew.

anyone have a list of guys that will be out there this year? usually by this time of the year there's a list or something.
          heh heh alriiiight

Comment

This probably goes without saying but, since I'm always flapping my lips with this sort of extra added information.. I'll add it anyway...

For those who do go to PRS, it's paramount to remember that we all have to be on our very best behavior while there. We're there at the good will of RARA and the airport manager.

They do not have the personell on hand to "police" us, so if "we" ever become a problem for them, I'd bet money that it'd become a lot easier for them to just close the field for the period, rather than deal with us...

That said, everyone that I've seen out there over the last years have been very good.. just remember to honor the "prop line" just as you would at Reno during the races, if someone asks you to "not be here or there" be polite and do as they ask..

It's a great time to warm up and get some shooting practice in, and to get to see things as others have said in a much more relaxed atmosphere..

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X